Men can be so stupid at times :-(

laetitia85

Reaction score
My little boy is getting circumcised in 2 weeks. We found a great private clinic online and the doctor is coming to our home, which is great.

My DH told his family that we had finally booked Kenzo's circumcision and when they asked where we found the doctor, he replied "we found him online!"

as if it was some kinda joke, or some kinda scam :x :x :x it obvisously didn't sound very reassuring to them :x

Now all of a sudden I'm getting phone calls from his family in the Caribean asking me about this 'online doctor' and I'm having to explain to them over and over again that the doctor actually works in a very reputable clinic in London and that i simply came accross their website, which is how we 'found him'. after all, every good clinic has its own website, huh?

But they're all very worried now :cry: yet I KNOW this clinic is good, it's private, it's reliabe, the doctor is registered, he does 2000 circumcisions a year, etc...

and all this is my DH's fault :x :x :x

I doubt there's much you can do to reassure them. Maybe a little white lie wouldn't hurt? Tell them you've reconsidered, and you're going with a doctor that a friend has recommended. Then go to the one you originally planned to go with. It's not like they'll know any different.

I know, lying is wrong,...it's what I'd do though. Otherwise they're just gonna bug the hell out of you. Anything for a quiet life.

Xena said:
I doubt there's much you can do to reassure them. Maybe a little white lie wouldn't hurt? Tell them you've reconsidered, and you're going with a doctor that a friend has recommended. Then go to the one you originally planned to go with. It's not like they'll know any different.

I know, lying is wrong,...it's what I'd do though. Otherwise they're just gonna bug the hell out of you. Anything for a quiet life.

Although it sounds like an easy way out, i wouldn't go that far - my whole family will be there and the two families are always in touch so they'll find out somehow. and also my husband will never approve of me lying to his family. the thing is i have nothing to blame myself for! :shakehead: I know made the right choice of clinic and i'm praying with all my heart that the procedure goes well :pray: They'll just have to trust the clinic! :roll: thanks for the advice :hug:

you're probably right, lying is a cowards way out (I'm a coward haha). There's not much you can do other than carry on reassuring them then I suppose. Good luck.

Edit : incidentally, what made you decide to circumcise? religious reasons? (just curious, not being critical ;) )

Xena said:
you're probably right, lying is a cowards way out (I'm a coward haha). There's not much you can do other than carry on reassuring them then I suppose. Good luck.

Edit : incidentally, what made you decide to circumcise? religious reasons? (just curious, not being critical ;) )

both religious and medical! all the boys of the family are circumcised, included DH. but it was aslo our personal choice and I think the foreskin can cause problems later in life (in some cases).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back