Mega scary midwife appt today....Possible induction on Monday!

Froslass

Reaction score
Some of you might remember I was having scans every few weeks to check my placenta was moving up nicely, and I was okay for a vaginal delivery..

Well my last scan everything was fine and placenta had moved right up and out of the way, and was attached to the front wall of my uterus (it's funny cause I never feel kicks at the front at all, only at the top and sides of my bump!) and midwife said everything was ok for vaginal delivery :yay:

Had my 34 week appt today, and when she meanders my bump I was measuring 37+ weeks :shock:

Midwife then checked my tummy, and said she *thought* baby felt quite small, and it was probably the placenta that had grown...

Apparently this can be quite dangerous, and the only way to check for sure whats going on is to have a growth scan on Monday. Which is fair enough, but she then told me that pending the results of the scan the worst case scenario is that I may have to be induced....on Monday! when I'll only be 35 weeks :( :shock: :cry:

Midwife did say though iit could just be baby was a lying funny, (my bump seems to vary in size..) excess fluid, fat gain on my part (althgh my bump is solid, I don't think it's that) or my dates may be wrong, but that's unlikely...if it is one of these things, I'll be ok and won't need to be induced.

But she said if the placenta has grown and is overly matured then I'll have to be induc ASAP....

If baby is big, then they won't induce me till 37 weeks, but baby would have to be reeeallly big for them to do that..

I am just SO scared, LO isn't fully cooked yet! :( :cry:

It's just really scary that LO might be here on Monday...:shock:

oh wow. what a shock for you hun but im sure the doctors r doing the best thing for u and LO ! and just think u may have ur baby next week ! how exciting ! best of luck with everything xxxxx

Hi hun, dont be too worried beforehand as it an be anything like too much water, I have it too. They do give you the worst case scenario though but it probably wont be that. In any case 35 weeks isnt that early, I was born at 33 and didnt neeed that much help.

Good luck for your growth scan and keep us updated.

Wow scary but I'm sure they are doing all they can to keep you both safe and well and that's the main thing, hugzzzz

Try not to worry too much. They know what they are doing. If its any comfort to you most children in my family are born around 35 weeks and are all healthy. My lil bro was born at 28 weeks and he is 18 next month and as fit and healthy as a full term can be :) xxx

Hi hun,
Really scary thought but I'm sure they all know what they're doing and wouldn't induce you unless it was absolutely necessary. Plus like others have said, 5 weeks isn't that long really. LO will be fine being born a little early if needed xxx

Blimey! Like others have said they wouldn't do it unless it was necessary and baby will do just fine at 35 weeks :hug:

Sure everything will be fine, and like the others said 35 week baby's do just fine. You must be scared though, esp thinking you have 5 or 6 weeks to go, hopefully you will relax and get your head around it this weekend x

oh bless must be very scary and very exciting too, Lo will be fine at 35 weeks, you need to relax babe try and chill out these next couple of days x good luck xxx

Thanks everyone, I'm just really hoping it's nothing serious, and that baby is just a little bigger xx

How did everything go? I can see there is no post. Just wanted to say good luck! x

Hope everything is ok!?!
My lo was born at 35 weeks, he is now 7 months and has caught up totally, a happy and healthy boy, although it's hard your lo will be just fine! Good luck!
XxX

Thanks everyone x sorry for not updating sooner x i had my growth scan and I have excess amniotic fluid...

They checked baby though, and everything is fine, no kidney/heart problems they can see ...

Had a GTT on Wednesday to check for diabetes so waiting on the results of that...

Got another growth scan to check fluid levels and LO'S growth next Monday (37 weeks) and if fluids not gone down, or Lo is growing to quickly, then they'll induce me then :/

Hoping GTT is negative and fluid levels are normal next week! Fx!! X

If I do have to be induced, at least ill b classed as full term, and LO should b ok hopefully x

I have a new phone so will need to give my txt buddies my new number x i list my last phone when I moved house LOL! Just as well it was pay as u go! X

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Sounds like my situation, they didnt find GD in my case and I have another scan next week so they are not inducing people just for fun. Good luck and keep us posted

The consultant did say that in 60% of cases they can't find a cause for the excess fluid, so hopefully I'm in that 60%!! As long as LO is ok though that's the main thing xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back