mega excited ( not ttc related)

kirstymichelle

Reaction score
I've been pining for a baby for sooo long now , so i've got myslef a substitute baby and put a deposit down on a baby girl puppy !! its taken a lot of persuading of my OH Leroy into letting me do this but i know it will relax me and occupy my time and mind . She is gorgeous :)

Aw - what kind of dog have you gone for?

What colour is she?

I love my dogs :love: I would be thoroughly miserable without them :)

I'd suggest getting her spayed sooner rather than later. I left my bitch too long and i think she is more yappy and nervous of other bitches because of it :roll: I'm getting her done early August ;)

She a pure white American Bulldog! yeah i just shouted down to OH whilst i was on the toilet about getting her neutered and the benefits . I've only had boys before so i'll be new to taking care of a bitch. Does it stop them from coming into season?

What ogs do you have ??

x

Mine is my first bitch too so it was a learning curve :)

They are lovely though, they like licking and cleaning and are much more maternal imo. Maybe a bit more standoffish with strangers but i think that is just the breed mine is... not agressive but she doesn't like strangers getting too close or she gets nervous and backs away.

Some vets say that it is good to let them have one season so their female instincts are fully matured which is what i did, but i'm not sure their female insticts are anything to try and keep hold of.

She doesn't like any dogs sniffing her bum. If she comes near any intact male dogs she'll start screaming because she feels vulnerable - a bit like PMS lol

And we get visited by the local mutts wanting to get a leg over :roll:

It will stop them having seasons, yes :) Definately worth getting them done.

I have a male red tri border collie and a fawn pyrenean sheepdog bitch - everyone says how cute they are. I wouldn't be without them :love:

Are white bulldogs prone to deafness like other breeds?

No as a breed they are predominantly white with brindle patches and its uncommon , she responed to souns well today when we were checking her over she tilted her head to listen to our clicks so that seemed promising , she's not been vet checked though so we'll be straight onto that . And i will be getting her neutered after 1 season , i think its the most responsible thing to do , i never want babies of that kind lol and i seem to have a thing about every pet being super fertile lol

Yeah, that is great news. I got a wee shihtzu puppy last year for the exact same reason. He really fills a maternal void as you become so attatched! I love taking Fuzzy walks! Good luck, so exciting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back