Medela Swing Breast Pump

Sam's Mum

Reaction score
Help! Mine doesn't have any instructions with it :lol: I can work out how to use it, but how much does it come apart for cleaning? The little L-shaped bit... can you pull any extra bits out or do you just wash that whole and the suction cup bit separately? (So there are only 2 bits to wash?)

Do I need to wash the suction pipe bit that attaches to the pump (as no milk goes down it)? And The buttons on the top - obviously the + and - are to increase/decrease strength but what's the little arrow with the drops on for? :lol:

:lol:

You wash everything except the motor and the pipe. You can wash the pipe from time to time if you want to. If you do you should plug it back in but without the other bit and run it so the motor dries the pipe out.

Take the breast shield and he tube apart and wash the valve (little yellow bit with the little white thin rubber circle).

When you start it it goes on to a fast setting to simulate let down for 2 mins. Then it flicks to a long rhythmic suck. The drops button will change it from fast 'let down' mode to the regular long slow mode if your let down happens before 2 mins.

Does that make sense?

:flower:

Thank you! :flower: So the yellow bit with the little white flappy rubber thing pulls out of the tube it's on the end of? Or do I wash it still attached to that?

Last edited:
Thanks... thought it would because the only things I could find online said how easy it was to clean but I didn't want to pull too hard in case it wasn't meant to :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back