Measured at midwife appointment

Mildly

Reaction score
Hi all

At my midwife's appointment my bump was measured for the first time :cheer: It was 25cms from pubic bone to top of bump/uterus which the midwife said was bang on for 25 weeks. She said they normally like to see a cm for each week (give or take a few cms either way). I was really sure she was going to say I was measuring big so I was really pleased to be at one with my dates :D

Also heard the heartbeat again, he was sounding good and strong :D I am now all booked for my antenatal classes in July and also booked on a seperate Breastfeeding Workshop. All I have to remember now is to ring up and book my Delivery Suite tour sometime after 34 weeks - apparently my hospital does a tour every Sunday afternoon. I feel very organised now.

Also in other news I noticed my bellybutton is sooo shallow :shock: I never used to be able to see the inside without poking about but now I can! Does that mean it may pop out at some point?

Mine has popped! hehe. You are very organised! I remember my tour of the hospital with my first and I just wanted to go and look at the babies... and where they kept the pain relief of course! Glad your spot on with your dates as well xx

my belly button is getting shallower, my boyfreind thinks am losing the plot cause i cant wait to see what the inside of it looks like... maybe he's right haha.
ive got my 25week midwife appt tomorrow so ill see what i measure in at. xxx :D

:lol: I nearly posted a picture of my belly button but realised no one would know what it looked like before :D

Claire, wow popped already? When did it happen? And was it an overnight thing? :D

Vix it'll be interesting to hear how you measure tomorrow :) Have a good appointment!

oh thats good...I dont know about belly button popping but my belly button is shallower than ever before.

I had my MW appt couple of days ago and MW said it measured correct for 25 weeks but I did not get to know what the measurement was. She did not have her doppler so she listened into my tummy alone :(

I was not too worried because I had only just had a quick check in the hospital a few days ago but this wasnt my usual MW-she was on hols so I was a bit ughed about seeing the new MW - new face when I had so many questions about protein etc. But aah well..atleast there was someone to see :)

Are you going for a 4d Scan Mildly?

No, we decided against a 4D for cost reasons, I could think of so many other things we could spend that money on :D I do love seeing everyone else's pictures though. Are you having one Neev?

That's sad she didn't tell you the measurement, did she record it in your yellow notes? I'm not sure whether mine was recorded but I think they are meant to plot the graph at some point.

Did she just put her ear against your belly :lol: That's disappointing you didn't get to her your little boy :( I've never seen the same midwife but they've all been really nice - so far, at the rate I'm going, I'm bound to see at least one of them again during the actual birth :lol: Did your temp midwife answer your protein questions? Are they keeping a closer check on you after your end of holiday worry?

Mildly - yes thats right. thanks for reminding me, they are in the notes! I looked at the notes and it says Height of Fundus by dates 24+, height of fundus by weeks = 25. Thats all. No mention of cms.

She listened to the baby by putting her ear on the old fashioned ear drum piece..

She did do another urine test and that came up with pluses for protein and also blood in urine but she was not worried, so I was not either. We knew the source of blood and then she rang for results from friday's hospital swabs and got an answerphone...

Did say if there was anything to worry about they would call me. Today is almost a week since the swabs and have heard nothing so I guess all is good.

We are going for a 4D only because I am so impatient but we have not booked anything yet. Thinking about it at about 30 weeks...

my belly button is now level with the rest of the bump. :roll:

My OH always says that once my belly button has popped its not long left, i just think its wishful thinking on his part though.! :rotfl:

God knows what my belly button has done! It was very shallow for ages, then recently i've noticed part of it sticks out like its popped but part of it is still in, its very odd! Not sure if it classes are a popped belly button or not.

I know some people's goes very earlt but i think mine doesnt wanna pop so it's kinda being forced lol

glad all went well and you measuring bang on :). my belly button got really shallow with DS but never actually popped out. so i guess it might or it might not lol

Sounds like you're very organised.

My bump never got measured in my first pregnancy and the hospital we went to didn't offer tours of the labour ward.

You can start to get bits and bobs together for your hospital bag now :D

Don't leave it too late to pack your bags, my waters broke at 34 weeks with my first. I was so glad that I was organised on that front.

Glad all went well and your measuring right, I have my midwife in about a week or so. My belly button is really shallow now and I can actually push it to look like a outie but it hasnt popped yet I think it will before the end its so shallow already!

Neev that's a shame they didn't mention the cms. I just checked on my notes and she hasn't plotted anything and has just written 'all well see at 28 weeks'. I have loads of graphs but nothing plotted on them - I figure they may do that later on. Glad your midwife isn't worried anymore, I agree they would have contacted you re the swabs much sooner if there was something wrong. So good news really :)

I'm contemplating starting a bellybutton picture thread as I am intrigued to see what other people's look like now :D Thanks for your replies.

Bagpuss, this must be the one and only time I have been organised in my life. Normally I am much more disorganised :lol: I shall make sure that I have my bag packed by at least 34 weeks, that must have been a real shock for you with your LO. They always say that you are more likely to be late :D

Mildly said:
I'm contemplating starting a bellybutton picture thread as I am intrigued to see what other people's look like now :D Thanks for your replies.

I'd actually be really interested to see that! plus mine looks really odd!! or at least i think it does

Aww that's great news chick! I still haven't been measured :(

There was a MW at the BBQ I went to this evening and we were talking about my size. She said I was big but then said "actually, you have a short torso so you are going to appear bigger" and I had NEVER thought of that! It's so true!

So girls who think you're big, maybe it's because you have a short torso which makes bump appear bigger!

BTW - That breastfeeding workshop sounds like a fab idea! I might have to look into something similar around my area. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back