max hates mummys cooking :(

My1stBaby

Reaction score
He will only eat sachets of stuff for meals not my own cooking and I can't keep just giving his sachets but I dunno what to do???

I've tried carrot, sweet potato, brocilli, sweet pot mash, spag bol and chicken korma n he hates it all he just spits it out n closes his mouth and then won't even take another sachet he usually likes as I guess he thinks its the 'horrible' stuff id given him before

He has either porridge or weetabix for breakie, toast with either just butter or a very thin layer of jam, carrot puffs/sweetcorn rings and a biscuit. A snack of a fruit pot (used to be banana but he's stopped eating those now, and dinner is a sachet with a yoghurt after

So there are things he will have but its nothing fresh n homemade. Dunno why he's suddenly gone off bananas now either :(

Xxx

I havent a clue why they do it but Ryan goes through phases of not liking what he's always liked. Then a few days later it's all back to normal again. Some days he's a bottomless pit a other days he doesnt seem to want anything (but breadsticks, his absolute favourite)!

He keeps choking on breadsticks so gonna try again when he's a bit more used to chewing harder thing. I'm gonna try bananas again in a week and like you said hope its a phase but its just getting him to eat homemade stuff is the big issue, I don't want him relying on the sweetness of sachets! I've moved onto stage 2 Ellas sachets but so far he doesn't seem keen Xxx

Cam was a bit like this, so when doing veggies etc I blended a teeny bit of fruit in to sweeten it.
I copied Ella's sachets, carrots apples and baby rice, broccoli pears and peas, that sort of thing and gradually wean to all veg over time x

why not mix your food with half a sachet? that way its the taste he likes but he also gets used to the taste of the other foods. alyssa had sardines on toast for lunch today and a jar which she had a lil bit of and then some cheesy mash. shes not keen on jars of food or many dinner things but if i mix half a rusk into something i can almost garauntee she will eat a bit of it. i dont mind if she has lots or just a few spoonfuls, its up to her. she had 3/4 of a banana and 4 spoons of readybrek for breakfast this morning which was quite a lot and she ate it all but she only had 1/4 of a jar of spag bol and 4 small spoons of the mash for tea. sometimes she has more and sometimes just a lil bit but she always tries something even if its just 1 spoonful. if she dosent like it then i'll give her something else and she knows her fromage frais tubs so will always eat those lol

James hates mine unless its off my plate!!!!! Little bugger x

keep trying him hun, I'm sure he'll come round.

I have the opposite problem. I was away at the weekend and for convenience I bought a pouch of something by ellas kitchen to give her while we were out for the day. She point blank refused. To be fair, it was RANK whatever was in it. I can't remember exactly. Bleugh, don't blame her for not eating it.

Thanks a lot ladies. I'm just stuck coz if I try giving him food he doesn't like he then stops eating completely! So I know they say it takes 15 tries for them to like some things- but I'd prefer him to actually eat so end up giving him the few things he actually likes. I suppose whilst he's still on milk too I don't have to panic about him being full with food- just don't wanna start bad eating habits, it really stresses me out I need to chill out a bit with it I think!! And just let him take his own time to start liking new things

Ill take a look at that site thanks BB xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back