Mattress protectors

TORino

Reaction score
Are you bothering with one of these?

I don't like the idea of the mattress getting ruined, either from waters breaking in bed or bleeding afterwards so I was considering getting one.

Are they a pain to sleep on?

I've bought one from eBay £8 (new) for a king size. Just make sure you get Terry towelling not plastic x

I bought one from ebay too, a lot less cheaper than having to renew your mattress if something like you say does happen.
I did the same as Sleepy sue and got a terry towelling one.

Sleepy sue, have you ound that you sweat more now its on? x

They do make you very hot, but the plastic ones are far far worse. Some of my clients use them and they can make your skin very sore so towelling ones are a lot better. Our mattress is ruined anyway but I'll still be getting one xxxxxxxxxx

Oooh, I see. I was just going to buy one of those from tesco I've seen but I'm guessing they are plastic ones?

Good job I posted this then!

Cheers.

I've got the disposable ones from tesco as were in the sale - but to be honest haven't even opened the pack.......*goes off to have a look*

Another thing to go on the list!! Becs will you let me know what the Tescos ones are like??? I work near a Tesco so can pop in for one if needed - or did you tinternet it???

To be honest after the past 48 hrs I only just considered that my waters would go but I have just put a old sleeping bag and towel under my sheet to protect the mattress, it wasn't a very expensive one but just to offer some protection incase I get caught out. lol

I haven't thought about this - but maybe I should? Will out some towels in my bed at least (under the sheets)

Helen - have opened the pack - come in a pack of 5. Have a very thin plastic backing with a soft cottony/absorbent type top layet. Don't think it'll make me too hot - they're a rectangle shape so would only need it on bottom bit of bed iykwim x

Link below to what i've got - can't be bothered getting anything else, and says you can use them in car too x
http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265445511

Last edited:
I was planning on getting the bed protector pads - I saw some in boots a few days ago and again they can be used in the car. My main concern has strangely been exactly this - that my waters break and either ruin my matteress or car seat!!

The disposable ones aren't going to be comfortable for you if you end up sleeping on them for a few weeks. Also it's going to get expensive keep changing them. X

The disposable ones get used at work and they hold onto nothing tbh, they are designed only as a back up if incontinence pads leak. I'll be investing in a towelling one because then I can wash it out and keep it for Albert's bed during potty training etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back