Maternity sorted..sort of

twinkle90

Reaction score
Morning ladies. Im just wondering if any lovlies can give me a guide of what i should write in a letter of maternity. Ive told my bosses the dates but they also want it in wrting along with the MATB form. Just need a letter..any advice? Xxx

This is what I wrote - hope it helps! :)

Dear XXX (HR manager)

Please find enclosed my MATB1 form, which confirms that I am pregnant and due to have a baby during the week of 20th - 26th October 2013.

As such, I wish to give notice of my intent to take my Maternity Leave and pay starting from Wednesday 2nd October 2013.

I have 7 days of annual leave remaining for 2013. I would like to take these days at the beginning of my Maternity Leave, meaning that my last day of work would be Friday 20th September 2013.

I intend to take the full 52 weeks of maternity leave, meaning that if my leave starts on intended date, my last day of maternity leave will be Tuesday 30th September 2014, and I should return to work on Wednesday 1st October 2014. If I wish to change the date I am coming back to work, or if I decide that I do not intend to return to work I will give you the notice period required – please let me know by return what this period will be.

Thank you Chole. May i use yours as a template? Xxx

Of course! I think I pinched mine from another forum actually! :)

Good luck handing it in, I was so happy when I got my confirmation letter back - let the countdown continue! (10 weeks 2 days! Lol!) xx

i havent got mine sorted yet my bosses have been on holiday for weeks so i have been waiting for their return to give my matb1 form, came in this morning to a snotty email telling me i should of had the form by now and to sort asap! how when noone has been there to give it too and i still havent actually seen them! hopefully get somewhere when i give it in tomorrow!! want a leave date to work towards :) xxx

Oh Chloe im the same..i just need to give the letter and form and my 8wks countdown starts haha. Bring on next wednesday when i grt my form!!! Ahha xxx

Chloe how did you end the letter? Did you just put your name? Xxx

Hi Twinkle - I was told that if you know who you're addressing it to e.g. if it says "Dear Bob...", then use Yours Sincerely, but if you just use a title e.g. "Dear HR Manager", then use Yours Faithully.

I used Yours Sincerely, then signed my name and my job title, and the date.

Let the countdown begin!!!:dance:

Thank you sweetie :) i know right :) i just need to wait til wednesdsy for my midwife to give me the MATB form and ill hand them both in together and then BYE BYE work ;) hehe xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back