maternity record question.. what does this means?

scandicmum85

Reaction score
Im trying to understand what it means in my maternity record the doc wrote down under Eng (engagement?) M-.. what does this means you think? x

Sorry I Dont know....m.....mmmmm think they would explain eh? Protein in urine? Surely would have said if you did....

Im not sure. At my 34 week appointment the midwife put F under engagement... She didnt explain to me what this means either (Was a bit annoyed as it was not my usual midwife)

Im really not sure what yours means... They should explain really.

x

I would think if written under engagement that it would be 'mobile' or 'free' meaning not engaged yet basically. Not 100% but I hav seen these things written before under engagement. You will know if baby is engaging as they will represent this with numbers :)

Oh and pro+ is protein in your urine - they will just want to check this again soon. Not usually a problem but can be an indicator of pre eclampsia. You can get protein though just from discharge. X

Last edited:
I would definitely say yes to protein in ur urine, which I have, but its nothing to worry about for me, as they have sent off my urine and all is fine, it can literally be a pregnancy hormonal thing... As for the M- in Eng, yes engaged, M- Im not too sure on that bit maybe movement?? but I have just found a great webpage with a load of the abbreviations explained...

http://www.babyandbump.com/pregnanc...nity-green-notes-abbreviations-explained.html

I hope the link works...

Siany1982

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back