Maternity Photography

Nicola

Reaction score
Anyone considered getting professional maternity photo's done? I'm going next week to look at a photographers sample albums etc (she's hopefully going to do the maternity, newborn, 3 months, 6 months and a year pictures so the style flows) all for a reasonable £300. I love the idea of professional pics when I've got a huge bump, me and my husband enjoying the pregnancy souvineers!! Anyone else interested in having them done?

Never thought of that! seems a lot of money to spend at the minute to be honest (still recovering from the cost of my wedding photographer!) but is the kind of thing I bet I regret not doing.

You can go over board though. My sister has so many professional pictures of her baby around the house - blown up on to huge canvases in some rooms. The poor child will be mortified if they are still there when boyfriends are coming round etc...

Hi

I was thinking of getting one done of my bump and maybe Kiara and my bump sort of thing, but i really dont have the money . Guess we will see
Katrina

its one of the many many things i would like to do/have done.

but i just dont have the money for something like that.

I get what you are saying about going OTT though, I plan on just creating a nice professional album for the baby's first year with my maternity photographs to start it off. I'm sure I'll have a few on the walls or in frames but have to remember I'll have years of taking photo's and so forth so don't need to overcrowd rooms with just baby pictures! :)

The sitting for just the maternity if anyone wanted a cheaper option was £100 but £50 of that was refunded against portraits bought which I'm sure would cover a few really nice prints! :D

It sounds a really nice idea although I agree it's a bit expensive (maybe not so if you spread out the cost over the year).

With my first son I had lots of pictures in the first few years. They were lovely but as he grew up it seemed a bit silly keeping baby pictures all around the house. So we kept up the most recent with just 2 favourites from when he was little.

Of course when they go to school they get a school photo every year which is a great way of tracking them growing up.

I still have one professional photo, taken of my son at 18months, framed and hanging in my bedroom.... he's now 17 and at college!! :rotfl:

:hug:

My step-children are now 16, 18, 19 and 22 - I have all of their final school year 11 pictures on the wall upstairs (kinda out the way :oops: ) but it's the only ones along with a group picture of when they were all just tots. I'm sure I'll have a favourite baby picture I'll display always but other than that I'm sure they will change over the years, I just plan on keeping some really nice photo albums rather than decorating the house with "Pudding through the ages" photography! :rotfl:

I think it's a lovely idea Nicola :)
We're going to get a 'bump' picture done, but we're thinking just the bump with both our hands on it, nothing fancy, but a nice memento of our LO before he was born. Then as he grows, I think we'll maybe have the odd professional one, but probably from the Art stands we see while out and about shopping, and some stores often do baby shoots which are reasonably priced :)

I'm sure your photo's will look lovely, and give you pleasure for many many moons to come :hug:

Im having photos done when im 37weeks (if im still pregnant) And im getting a cd with all the photos and a free photo print out i think for £30 :) my partner is also going to be in them x

I'm a full time photographer so couldn't bare not to have professional prints of my bump, because I'll have them of the baby all through his/her life!!! Though I'm so picky, I'm planning on setting up the shoot myself, and getting my husband to just press the buttons once I've chosen all the settings. If that doesn't work, I'll have to look at hiring someone! xxx

Fully clothed yes! My body is minging before pregnancy so can't see me showing it off now. Lol Baby photos on the other hand I can't wait to have a go. Got myself a nice 450D that I wanna use!

My husband is a photographer so I'm a lucky lady as he will do these for us. Have to say that £300 for 5 photo shoots and sets of pics Nicola is very very reasonable and if you've seen their work it will be money well spent.

Hey hun...Mothercare do good deals for mums to be photoshoots...have a look guys who are interested! xx i had them lasttime got a few pictures...20quid ...pixi photo xx

Thats a lovely Idea :) OH wants a naked one of me with my hands across my boobs and my bump out

My mum is a photographer so gonna get her to do mine for me :) She is very very very picky though, so I have to psyche myself up for a whole day of posing whenever she wants me to model! Not sure if a baby would put up with that hehe

My hubby is a photographer so having photos all the way through :)

some photographers will do it for free if they can use the one or two for their portfolio, have a look on the model websites, www.net-model.com / onemodelplace.com / im sure there is more but cant find the links. if you join the site and put a post up for photos for TFCD / TFP (time for cd / photos) your bound to find someone in your location willing to help. ive seen a few photos on the sites of bumps :)

i joined a local group on facebook called basically wantd things for sale in my local area (doncaster) and found a guy on there whos just setting up his website, has been doing it for years and look fantastic but wants to branch into some bump to 1 photos

the package i have gone for is:
If you're interested in the full commercial package, from pregnancy through to 1 year old, this would include a CD of photos (no printing rights - this would cost extra I'm afraid), a 10"x8" portrait box containing 5 card mounted images of your choice (I recommend 1 from each of the sessions, plus your overall favourite). After each stage we'd give you a CD of the photos plus a private online gallery from where you and your family could order more CD's or prints, canvas or acrylics. The total cost of this full year of photography would be £100, that works out at only £25 per session.

iv had them done before when i was a teenager (through t.j.hughes when they had a guy in there)

and my dads best friend is a professional photographer who did our wedding snaps, i wanted him to do them but dont think i cud deal with him seeing me in all my strechmarked belly n boobs, lol

so even if there not fantastic, they will still be good fun doing them, :)

xxx

im going to get the photographer who did are wedding to do us a package hopefully might even email him now x

aaawww that's a great idea - never thought of that!!! :) - something else to annoy the partner with now hehe ;-) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back