Maternity Pay

leeste16

Reaction score
Does anyone know which months pay are used to calculate your maternity pay?
I can go on mat leave in october, but was just wondering which months wages they use to calculate your mat pay.
I earn comission so i want my 90% pay to be worked out on good months!!!
I hope this makes sense!!!!
Thanks
xx

This is how SMP is calculated

How is my SMP worked out?
Your employer will look at your gross earnings paid to you in a set period. This is usually the eight week period up to and including the 15th week before your expected week of childbirth. The period your employer uses may vary depending on how often you are paid – weekly, monthly or other intervals.

As a result of a judgement by the European Court of Justice, if your employer awards a pay rise which is effective at any time from the start of the set period used to work out your SMP and the end of your maternity leave your employer must work out your SMP again and pay you any balance due to you. For more information about this judgement and its impact on your SMP see some questions and answers about the ECJ Judgment.

See leaflet NI 17A – A Guide to Maternity Benefits or speak to your employer for more details of how your SMP is worked out.

assume that if youare gonna get actual maternity pay from your employers it would be calculated the same.

Thanks ever so much.
I am trying to make sure I get as much comission in the months they work it out from.
hehe
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back