• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

maternity pay

fran_23

Reaction score
i'm sooooo peed off right now, i found out today my work arent gonna pay me maternity pay after them telling me they had sorted it all out and that i'm actually not entitled as they thought i was because i've been there since october!
this is the last thing i needed to find out when i'm 2 weeks away from giving birth as now i'm gonna have to sort it out with the jobcentre and we all know what they are like...useful as a chocolate teapot. i could of sorted it weeks ago if they just told me, i'm so upset now i cant stop crying i dont know how i'm gonna cope! :cry: :cry: :cry:

they said because my average wage for the 8 weeks before and including my qualifying week was under 84 quid...ironically it was because i spent a week in hospital due to a threatened miscarriage at 19 weeks and a further week off work for rest after this and got no sick pay as i was stil temp staff at that point!! i'm really fed up now coz they say theres nothing they can do, thats just how it works and i only missed out by like 3 quid.

and they chose to tell me this 2 weeks before i'm due and also the b*tch on the phone from HR said to me "oh i knew you were going to kick up about this"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back