maternity notice???

ceris

Reaction score
i start a new job on wednesday, and am 18 weeks pregnant. When do i have to tell them i am pregnant??
i probably should have done already, but not showing too much at the mo, so waiting until i have to tell them.

also...

how many hours do i need to do to get maternity pay???

i know this sounds terrible...

i have only taken the job to bring in some extra cash whilst my dance school is closed during the holidays... but wondering whether i would be entitled to anything?

xxx

i think you dont have to tell your employers until 15 weeks before the week ur baby is due.
they will prob notice by then tho lol x

''Who can get SMP?

To qualify for SMP you must have been:
  • employed by the same employer continuously for at least 26 weeks into the 15th week before the week your baby is due (the qualifying week)
  • earning on average an amount which at least equals the lower earnings limit which applies on the Saturday at the end of your qualifying week
The lower earnings limit is the amount you have to earn before you are treated as paying National Insurance contributions. This is £102 a week if the end of your qualifying week is in the 2011-12 tax year.

If you have a visa that allows you to live and work in the United Kingdom you may be able to get SMP. If your visa includes the condition that you have “no recourse to public funds” you may still get SMP provided you satisfy the qualifying conditions. The qualifying conditions for SMP depend on your recent employment and earnings history. Because of this SMP does not constitute public funds.'' xx

Last edited:
Thanks young mum.... love the pink writing too! how do you do that??!!!! xxx

you can change it to any coulour u want, its the A with a black line under it on the post reply box, not the quick reply one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back