Maternity Leave & Holiday Entitlement

mikid

Reaction score
My maternity leave is due to end in November although i'm not going to be going back to work (have a meeting scheduled for Oct to give my notice) I just wondered, I know you accrue holiday over your maternity leave but is that at your normal salary rate, or statutory maternity amount?

Thanks Ladies :)

You accrue holidays at your current job, eg full time, part time etc. I have used 30 days of my 37 for the year after my maternity leave had finished and I have been paid in full for it

Emma x

Thanks hun, sounds like I should be in line for a nice little pay check then :)

Yep :) I've just started back at work to be told I had 5 weeks holiday to book! Feel bad taking time off already but musn't complain lol!

Yes, as the ladies said you are entitled to your holidays just as you would be if you were at work. :)

Yes I'm the same Mikid, I am not going back, need tok tell them soon I guess , mine ends in november 31st and then they will have to pay me all the holiday in december or loose it in january cutoff. It's actually a pain as it will mess with my Working familes tax credits, just after its all sorted!!

are you going to be a stay at home mum fulltime, or look for something you like mre or with hours that suit better? I'm going to be a stay at home mum for now - don't care if we have no money - will grow more veg, I have chickens, make my own bday cards, budget more etc , if it doesn't work I will get a more rewarding job that makes me feel good rather than for the sake of it

Last edited:
Gonna stay home, ideally until she starts school then look for something within school hours. Unless of course something happens before then and I need to get something sooner but hopefully not :)

I'm the same jj... Am happy to make sacrifices in order to be home, as long as the bills are covered we're all good!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back