• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

maternity jeans

KirstyD

Reaction score
When your jeans first don't start to fit (i.e. not too big yet but want more room), do the over the bump belt maternity jeans fit or are they loose to start with? I've got a pair of the adjustable elastic under the bump ones but most of the everyday jeans seem to have the 'bump band' or whatever it's called?

Hi when my jeans started getting to tight i bought the maternity jeans they have the elastic topping/band and at the very top is a string/elastic that you can tighten/lossen when needed if your unsure you can ask in a clothes shop to show you how this worked as i didnt have a clue and the shop assistant pointed this out to me

I have the under bump jeans (the ones with the elastic panels in the side), and have been wearing them since about 10 weeks :oops:

I do have to belt them as they sit under the bump........I believe the over the bump ones stay up a little easier, but then Im not keen on anything tight across my tummy!

Im pretty sure you can buy bits of elastic that you can put in non pregnancy jeans to make them last that little bit longer... :think:

I've got the underbump jeans with elastic pannels from new look. I think they're crap but other people think they're great. They sit right accross the bottom of my bump and digg in. They squash my bladder as well as the fact that I constantly have to pull up the back to prevent displaying a bum cleavage to the world is ridiculous! Think they shall be going to the charity shop and I will be investing in a overbump pair!

my over the bump ones are great, and got lots of room for growth too. Got my from debenhams.

I bought a pair of maternity jeans from dorothy perkins with an elastic band round the top just bought the size I was before I was pregnant and they stretch as your bump grows there so comfy!

I was given two pair of jeans with the side elastic bits and they have been ok, but then my bump aint huge yet! I also find that one pair of them always seem to fall down after an hour of wearing them!! Ive got a pair of black trousers which are over bump which I plan on wearing when im a bit larger.

Just bought some skinny jeans from ebay with the side elastic bits so im praying they dont fall down as I cant live a winter without my skinny jeans and ugg boots.

Its the bloody price that gets me!

i've bought loads and they are a pain in the ass. I have resorted to getting a size smaller than my usual size in maternity wear as my normal size are so big and keep falling down constantly and wearing a belt is the only way for them to stay up - but then a belt digs into you so you can't win.

I must have about 2 pairs that fit me properly and this has reduced me to tears on more than one occasion already....it's a bloody nightmare getting dressed for work every morning! weekends are great as I can slob in tracksuits bottoms or PJs...shame i can't wear them to work!!

Hi

I bought a 'belly belt' from the baby catalogue. Its meant that i can stay in my normal jeans for the time being. I haven't got a bump yet so not sure if thats made a difference or whether its because i'm overweight but this has been great for me in this inbetween phase.

Grace xx

Iv got some with an over the bump and when i first started wearin them, yep they were verrry loose and the elastic bit jept falling down lol good way to measure how your bumps growing through how well they stay up ! Got another half way up bump pair with like a drawstring at the top which are good but dig in a bit, and an underbump purely slouch pair from newlook with the elastic side panels !

gosh i haven't seen those before, do they work well?

X

Hi

they have worked for me so far. Because i've so much fat i've not got a bump at all yet. All that has happened is that my fat just isn't as squashy! Due to this and the fact that i can't stand low waist jeans - i'm always trying to pull them upto my waist i don't think over the bump jeans are right just yet so this has worked fine. Not sure how effective they would be with hipster or low waist jeans. Hope that helps and makes sense.

Grace xx

bingo! :dance: 5th time lucky I've found a pair of maternity jeans that don't expose my bum, fall down all the time, or sit right accross my bladder making me need a pee every 2minutes!
Redherring underbump with pannels £30 ladies, come recommended for anyone else with a big bum out there who can't find comfortable jeans :)

i've ordered a really cheap pair from online, i have no idea what kind they are, will let you know. the only maternity clothes over here (isle of wight ) are bloody expensive, so until i can get to the mainland and try them on properly i'll make do

also , peacocks do some sooooo comfy trackie botton/leggings which a lovely for slouching about the house

I can't seem to find any that fit right :wall:
The ones I have on now are under the bump and feel tight on my bump when I sit down but fall down when I stand up! :wall:

OMG OMG OMG my jeans arrived this morning and they are LUSH!!!

a tiny bit big at the moment cos i order 14 cos im a 12/14 normally but they are very comfy, dont know how they will wash, but for £12 im am NOT complaining

the smart black trousers i ordered are very comfy too ..... new look cheapy all the way

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back