• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

maternity jeans - need help!

Kittykins

Reaction score
Ok, I hate jeans shopping at the best of times. This isn't the best of times!

I'm usually a 6/8 in skirts, or 8/10 in jeans. BUT I'm curvy - I have (had?!) a small waist and bigger bust and hips/thighs, definitely an hourglass figure. So normally I buy bootcut jeans, occasionally straight leg if stretchy. Even so, most jeans are too tight on the hips/thighs (if I can get them up that far) and then gape massively at the waist. Going up a size isn't an option because they then fall down.

So I'm looking for a pair of maternity jeans, preferably bootcut, preferably underbump or if overbump, with a jersey panel (hate anything across my stomach), WITH STRETCH!, and made for women who were curvy before they got their new curves... Do any of you have any recommendations? I'm about 5'4" so wide legs make me look really short and dumpy. To give you some idea, all the Next stuff is too straight up and down for me, ditto TopShop, ditto M&S. Current pre-pg jeans are Gap, Diesel, and Levi's bootcut. The pre-pg pair I'm still wearing are size 10 Principles straight-leg. I reckon I have about a week's worth of wear left in them. None of the stores near me stock maternity ranges so it looks like I'll probably have to order online, or drive out of London (bizarre - like there are no pregnant women in London?!).

Please please help - if you're slim but curvy, where on earth have you found maternity jeans to fit? I think I'm just a really unfashionable shape :cry:

I found the best maternity jeans in New Look.. I went to my local store.. picked up a pair of jeans in both size 8 and 10 (pre pregnancy i am 6-8) and went and tried them both on. Size 8 was perfect for me.. and they do some fantastic jeans with loads of stretch and give! Either that, or go to your local Dorothy Perkins and try them on. The best way to judge it is to go in and try them on.. every woman is shaped differently! Hope this helps.. trying jeans on really helped me make up my mind about what size to buy if im buying them online.

xxx

peacocks seemingly do some nice jeans
I recommend over the bump style as under bump just falls down all the time and gives you builders bum

Hi hon

I found the best jeans at topshop online in the maternity wear section, I brought a pair of bootcut and 2 pairs of skinny. They have the elasticated fabric panels in the front pockets and have adjustable waist buttons inside too.

Good luck

X

Thanks everyone. I've been meaning to check out the New Look maternity wear section for a while - but the Oxford St store doesn't do maternity, and they told me that none of the other inner London ones do either :wall: Nearest is apparently Brent Cross - ooh, about 1-1.5 hours drive from us in SE London! So I guess I'll have to go to one when I next visit my parents, unless anyone knows if I was told porkies.

I didn't know Dorothy Perkins did mat wear either - I know the big one near us doesn't, and neither does Oxford St. As I said, you're obviously not allowed to be pregnant if you live within the North/South Circular!

Hadn't thought of Mothercare, will check them out. Surely even the London branch of Mothercare must do mat wear?! :lol: The one by Marble Arch is tiny though - I tried to get maternity tights there and they'd sold out. They had about 3 racks of clothes, I didn't notice jeans. Think I'm going to have to drag DH off to Bluewater or Lakeside this weekend - hell for both of us, but if I have to suffer, so must he! :lol:

I think this site needs a clothes (well jeans anyway) section under the product reviews forum. Then we can all post the stuff that really matters, like whether or not the jeans fall down, next to the official blurb.

Thanks again for your replies...

chickadee1976 said:
peacocks seemingly do some nice jeans
I recommend over the bump style as under bump just falls down all the time and gives you builders bum

My Mum just bought me a pair of these, they are a really good fit and so comfy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Salata Sara
Back