Maternity Clothing frustration

Bunnykins

Reaction score
I know I shouldnt moan as its my fault I am plus sized so I'm not making excuses, but jeez I cant be the only woman over a size 20 to ever get pregnant, yet according to clothing manufactorers I dont deserve maternity clothes :wall2:

I have scoured the internet and there is nothing in a size 22 top and 24 bottom in maternity wear, I have managed to find a pair of black trousers for work on simplybe and that is it!!!!!!!! Is anyone else plus sized and having this problem???

I'm not + sixe myself, but have you tried Evans? They're usually pretty good for larger women?x

Hi i was a size 16-18 before i fell pregnant so when i fell pregnant i started looking for maternity clothes quite early on, i tried loads of shops looking for tops and maternity jeans i found that none of them fitted it was very frustrating the clothes that were labeled 18 or 20 when i found them in that size felt more like a 12-14 :shakehead:

I then remembered a shop local to me called YOURS that cater solely for plus size ladies i went in and felt like i was in heaven :dance:the clothes were what i call proper sizes i.e if it said size 18 it would fit and size 18 very well :) i bought lots of bits out of there including 3 pairs of leggings in different colours a dress and several tops. i found them very reasonably priced as well the leggings were only £12 tops £18 unlike some of the maternity clothes i saw starting at £30 i even saw maternity tights priced at £25 :shock: i nearly fell over i only wanted them to go with a dress for one night i ended up buying hold ups for £4.50. The clothes in YOURS are very comfy and wash well i have lived in my leggings for months now :lol:

They also have a website which is http://www.yoursclothing.co.uk

I hope you find something you like

I'm a size 20 and sometimes a 22 on the bottom depending on the shop. I ordered Dorothy Perkins size 22 work maternity trousers and they were far far too big!! I am also fitting into DP size 18 leggings (which I live in now I am not at work!) so it might be worth trying a slightly smaller size. I also have M&S size 18 leggings and yoga pants so they are obviously roomy as normally I would never fit an 18. M&S are stopping selling maternity in store but are selling online so worth a look. Evans are rubbish! They refuse to make a maternity range, saying it's better just to go up a size which is rubbish where trousers/jeans are concerned because your bump can get massive but that doesn't mean your bum and thighs do too so clothes look really poorly fitted. Oversize tops that aren't maternity are fine though xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back