Maternity clothes... AGAIN!

moss

Reaction score
Sorry to kill this subject to death BUT has anyone seen any nice looking, reasonably affordable maternity clothes around? The only places I know of here in Dundee are Mothercare, New Look, H&M, Debenhams and Dorothy Perkins. This may sound like a lot of choice, but each section is TINY and very samey from one place to the next.

My husband is having a birthday party 1 June and at least two of the girls that will be there have had/HAVE crushes on him! Ha... So stupid me wants to look stunning! I have nothing to worry about but I guess being pregnant and not always feeling terribly attractive, I want them to think I am gorgeous! :D So far everything I have found is disgustingly sweet or a BIG TENT! I am willing to look online if I can get something on time, but I have always been hesitant about this because of sizing.

To get an idea of my style... I always shopped at Jigsaw pre-pregnancy, but my budget is more modest now since these clothes are of course more temporary.

Top shop has a maternity section on its website, I got some nice jeans and work trousers - it's not the cheapest but not bad for a special occasion x

moss said:
Sorry to kill this subject to death BUT has anyone seen any nice looking, reasonably affordable maternity clothes around? The only places I know of here in Dundee are Mothercare, New Look, H&M, Debenhams and Dorothy Perkins. This may sound like a lot of choice, but each section is TINY and very samey from one place to the next.

My husband is having a birthday party 1 June and at least two of the girls that will be there have had/HAVE crushes on him! Ha... So stupid me wants to look stunning! I have nothing to worry about but I guess being pregnant and not always feeling terribly attractive, I want them to think I am gorgeous! :D So far everything I have found is disgustingly sweet or a BIG TENT! I am willing to look online if I can get something on time, but I have always been hesitant about this because of sizing.

:lol: Sorry to be the bearer of bad news BUT maternity clothng is, on the whole, not sexy! Looking like you are wearing a tent is one of the pitfalls of third tri!

Isabella Oliver do some nice wrap dresses but they are pricey.

I had a growth spurt around 30 weeks- I got HUGE all of a sudden! I reckon you'd be better of with a nice maternity top and some linen trousers.

:wink: Love your bump hun- it won't be there forever and you'll miss it when it's gone. I thought I hated being pregnant but NOW I miss it like hell!

Hi

Try NEXT online, but click on Women wait for the page to load, then click on maternity & baby, then click on New arrivals and page 10, there are some dresses on there. I have ordered this for a wedding at the end of the month (My Mum is supposed to be making me a dress but thought better get a spare) I have ordered a size 14 and 16 and can return the one I don't need for free.

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/ma ... dbaby/19/3

Mx

Have you thought about a maxi dress? That way you don't even have to buy maternity and it will last you after the birth too. I've got a couple from last year which I'm wearing and they look great with my bump underneath.

This one from next is lovely and much nicer in reality than in the picture and a little longer on my 5'4" frame. I bought it a few weeks back and it's been lovely and light in the heat. No doubt it will look great after too. Of course though, maxi dresses are everywhere so you will have a good choice in loads of different patterns and fabrics.

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/swimwear/15/13

Lisa xx

try ebay or i found somenice things in a few of the peacock stores x

Thanks everyone! I will look at all of those places but OH a maxi dress! I would love to get one. I think I could (hopefully) find one that fits without being maternity too because my chest hasn't gotten huge and my tummy is only 42'', which seems small for my stage judging by what everyone else has said and by my aquanatal class. I wanted one last year but couldn't find one under £175! I should have better luck this year... And here's hoping it isn't terrible weather in Edinburgh on the day! D:

I'm not even wearing maternity stuff now, i've got some shorts in a bigger size, a few pairs of thin fabric trousers/shorts again in big sizes and some gorgeous floaty skirts with elastic waist bands. I bought a lovely one from work, its cream with embroidery flowers on the bottom and sequins on the leaves, i didnt even have to get a bigger size as it's stretchy.

I also wear loads of long vest tops as they are tight and show off bump wonderfully rather then making me look like a tent.

I've been looking for maxi dresses too but cant find any i like as of yet but they are a good idea too

topshop is quite good for trousers mainly but i find their tops a little frumpy. i bought some normal tops from there that fit fine in my normal size such as

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/store ... &langId=-1

and it doesn't make me look like a tent :D

also i have bought some nice fitting tops from mamas and papas which show bump off perfectly and still make me look quite thin

http://www.mamasandpapas.co.uk/product-s0003759/type-s/

and they also do it in a lovely blue perfect with white trousers or jeans

hope you eventually find something that you like

I havent really worn much maternity stuff. I have bought either stretchy stuff or flowing material tops and dressed etc or slightly bigger sizes and it fits fine. There is some great stuff in primark at mo to cover bump and Im always in charity shops.

I tend to wear my maternity jeans a lot and change the top half by wearing stretchy short dresses over them or flowing tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back