Maternity bra's that are sexy rather than granny - help!!!!

Sunnyb

Reaction score
My boobs are busting out of my undersides bra's & I know that it's best to wear bra's that are not underwired when pregnant or breastfeeding. The problem I'm having is finding any maternity underwear that matches & is sexy. I know I'm no spring chicken at 37, but I'm not yet ready for dowdy underwear. I was previously a 36/38D, but I'm sure I've gone up at least a couple of cup sizes. I'm happy to pay a little more for a decent fit & brand & am looking to buy 3-4 bra's in different colours both pale & dark. Can anyone tell me where to search, both shop wise & online?
Please help before I take someone's eye out with my bra castanets!!:lol:

Sunnyb xxx

Sorry girls "castanets" should read "fasteners" - bloody spellcheck!!!!

Sunnyb xxx

i got maternity bras from m&s and they are horrid lol so dnt go there lol old b4 my time with these bad boys

Don't want to read and run, have no idea, but was wondering the same, went to mothercare over the weekend and their range was the frumpy sort, not the sexiest of frillies! Although ours is a small store and their range isn't great!

Lol - was wondering what castanets stood for.....

I cant help im afraid, im having the same problem. I had a look in mothercare, as its the only shop in my town that does maternity underwear, and they were all flowery, and really thin, unsupportive fabric - I know maternity/nursering bras are meant to be comfatable, but I like a bit of support and uplift as much as the next girl! In the end, tried on a plain white one, which didnt look that great, like a foam-type material, but pushes your boobs skywards quicker than you can say 'wonderbra'! Looks great under clothes, but not so much on its own!

Saying that, I was desperate - my old faithful bra, had literally bust at the seams - it was coming apart at the front in the middle, the bit that kinda holds everything in, lol, so I needed something quick!
Its a pain though isn't it?

Good luck
xxx

theres a website called Figleaves I think it is iv been meaning to have a look for a while I think they do a nice maternity range iv been having the exact same problem uncomfy bras I allready have and not practical with wires but not finding a single bra in maternity sections that id even consider wearing lol its a nightmare dont no bout you but I dont no any 65 year old pregnant women!!!!! good luck x

I have the dreaded m&s ones (so comfy though) but I think you can get bra extenders. One place that i know does them is a company called jojomamanbebe.co.uk. I have quite a lot of maternity stuff from there and the baby stuff is so cute!!

HOTmilk for a maternity bra & knicker range - love it! Lol
The Brassimo range is small, but they look supportive which is something I definitely need. I dug out a bra I wore when I was expecting Joseph, but my breasticles definitely head south in it & I certainly do not want spaniels ears or tits that resemble balls in a pair of tights yet!
Figleaves website is fab - some pricey bra's & some at reasonable price too. I am more than happy to pay a bit more to make sure my boobs remain upright for as long as possible.
If anyone else has any other websites or shops they can recommend, keep going - all suggestions welcome from me & others.

Sunnyb xxx

ive been looking a lot for a nice maternity bra (as all my bras are underwired and it is killing me :-() my problem is that i cant find any that are nice, and not over £40 per bra when they are nice! to make it even worse i need a 34GG :wall: which i cant find anywhere!

would a non-wired support bra be ok for now?

I love my Mothercare bras - they frequently haven't had the ones I've wanted, in my size - but comparedd to the shit I usually have to wear when not pregnant, to try hold my extremely squidgy and large boobs, I love them :) And you can buy matching pants.

Yeah in the Mothercare catalogue and online they have some really pretty maternity and nursing bra's so it's worth looking - probably the stores don't stock the whole range. Haven't bought any yet so can't comment on the quality xx

Id defo say hotmilk! they have some gorgeous bras :D They also do soft underwired ones. theyre suitable for maternity and feeding but still give that bit of a lift.

ive been looking a lot for a nice maternity bra (as all my bras are underwired and it is killing me :-() my problem is that i cant find any that are nice, and not over £40 per bra when they are nice! to make it even worse i need a 34GG :wall: which i cant find anywhere!

would a non-wired support bra be ok for now?

Non underwired are ok as long as they support you on your back & have good wide straps. Have a look at figleaves as they have a good range of bra's, some are expensive, but others aren't. Plus if you find one you like you could always Google the brand & design name & find it cheaper or search on eBay for it.

Sunnyb xxx

I thought Id wondered onto a dodgy site for a moment there! Oh and castanets was much funnier!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back