Maternity Boredom Busters!!!! ?!?!?!??!

tinkerbell*

Reaction score
well.... i started my Maternity leave 3days ago now, and i am sooooo bored outt'a my brains! i dunno what to do with myself! all friends are at work or live miles away,
Monday i went shopping with my sister and got practically everything that we need for bubba

i hate day time TV, and sitting about i'm going outt'a my mind! :doh: ...... any tips??? what are all you other PJ wearers up2????

im an early maternity leaver as iv just finished uni, i too find myself quite bored at times but found a lovely "me to you" cross stitch that im working on so i do that in the mornings. i go out walks with the dog etc.
when OH is home we go out walking to beaches etc as it passes the time.
I go on the net, tidy up, look at our baby's clothes and go SHOPPING :cheer:

i have been on mat leave for about 5 weeks now and i am getting sooo bored.

finished my cross stitch, my ankles are really swollen dont think i could face walking into town.

got a new psp game but my sister is playing it

can i suggest long baths? read a good book. tidy and rearrange babys things? sell things on ebay?

I've been saving jobs up for maternity leave. On Monday I blitzed my kitchen - cleaned my fridge and all the cupboards and replaced all the old utensils etc.

Yesterday I put together the cot & drawers and finished off my nursery - will post pics later.

So far today i have cleaned the bathroom and sorted out all the junk down the side of my bed. I am going to do all my filing later and then organise my clothes - ie: put away all work ones for a year. :D

i've also tried to organise things to do - I have a haircut this afternoon, meeting Bloom from pf tomorrow, I have a stack of books to get through, a stool to finish making & some cross stitches to attempt. I also want to sort through my airing cupboard.

My plan is for the flat to be totally organised by 36 weeks so i can just relax, read, cross stitch, meet friends, swim etc for the last few weeks. I have also planned a couple of pampering treatments as well.

Ooops - went on a bit there. I hate daytime tv and I get cabin fever with nothing to do.

I was bored for the first few weeks but I seriously can't be bothered to do anything now. I usually sleep in until 9.30- 10.00, get up put on daytime television, have some breakfast and sit on the computer until lunch. I pop to tesco or the shops to pick up some lunch, maybe have a little browse in the little shops (I live just off a high street so theres a mix of all sorts of little shops, including a gun shop but I don't go in there :lol: ) Then I come back home, have lunch maybe do some housework, have a snooze and then wait for OH to come home.

Not very exciting, but just what I feel like doing at this stage. I made he mistake of going into London (west end) shopping last week and I was so miserable and swollen by 5pm I decided that was it until LO gets here. I've become a bit of an E bay addict and I was learning to drive up until last week too, but I've stopped that for the time being.

Sorry, that wasn't much help on what to do, but you've had a detailed account of my weekdays now :rotfl: I was the same as you at the beginning but you get so swollen and tired in the last couple of weeks you'll be glad of some rest.

Alex xxx

ASD123456 said:
(I live just off a high street so theres a mix of all sorts of little shops, including a gun shop but I don't go in there :lol: )

:D You should go in! Imagine how funny it would look for a pregnant woman to be gun shopping...

moss said:
ASD123456 said:
(I live just off a high street so theres a mix of all sorts of little shops, including a gun shop but I don't go in there :lol: )

:D You should go in! Imagine how funny it would look for a pregnant woman to be gun shopping...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I haven't had chance to get bored yet as I spent the first week of M leave at my mum's......just got back and am CLEANING like crazy, must be nesting.....just packed my hospital bag and have a few last things to buy.

But after that ASD123456's plan seems like a perfect one! I also live just off the high street so browsing round the shops keeps me amused for a couple of hours....I do find it hard to sit and do nothing but I reckon we should make the most of daytime TV and the internet while we can :D

I get up, usually about 9/10 but a bit later today :oops:
Go watch a bit of day time tv, then i'll usually catch up on what i've missed over night on here, i'll have some lunch, shower or bath, and usually just waste time, i can watch more tv, or today i'm thinking about downloading some DVD's maybe doing some assignment, yesterday i burnt myself in the garden (only my bump typically) I may go swimming if i dont have a bath and i like to play on the Wii sometimes too, oh and brain training on the DS, go virus buster!!!!

Then i wait for Dave to get home, have tea and spend the nigth with him, i'm trying to get out this week to take my mind off the lack of symptoms, so last night we went out for dinner and tonight we're going to the cinema, thursdat i'll prob stay in and friday we're going to the pub with mates (assuming i've still not popped)

I must admit though i am starting to get a little bored, i filled the first weeks putting together all her furniture and washing her clothes etc, gettin the last bits and re-decorating my room. Now i'm so over prepared theres literally nothing to do but wait to pop

i started off pretty bored, but then as more and mre people form my anti natal class started finishing we have had more opportunities to become social. Also loads to do around the house (and everything takes ages) also loads of last minte things before LOarrives.

Sandi

I bought some nice felts and one of those 'pattern' colouring books. Completely pointless but helps pass the time :D

Minxy said:
I bought some nice felts and one of those 'pattern' colouring books. Completely pointless but helps pass the time :D

't lie you know you bought them for your lo but got bored and thought ud have a go tehe ;)
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Im with everyone, it is boring i normally start my day quite late as my sleeping is rubbish atm... get up clean the kitchen hang or put away clothes.

I find doing projects like clearing rooms and giving things a good once, twice or mybe three tmes help...

I might clear the babbys room further and dismantle the cupboard, oh i find baking helps ease the time too lol!!

x

I read in the bath. It's so comfy and I spend hours in there :lol: . My mate calls me flipper :rotfl: . I was swimming quite often but have had flu so trying to get rid of that before I go back.

Cleaning carpets.

Throwing out clothes I don't like and selling rubbish I don't need on ebay.

This morning DH has been off work so went for a drive to the scrap yard with him just to get out the house :bored: .

i was that relaxed in the bath today i fell asleep :shock:

I like to potter about doing odd things, anyone else have their sister off of college following you round the house? asking where your going? its so annoying! :wall: shes 19 ffs!

Miss.Monroe said:
i was that relaxed in the bath today i fell asleep :shock:

I like to potter about doing odd things, anyone else have their sister off of college following you round the house? asking where your going? its so annoying! :wall: shes 19 ffs!

LOL no thankgod!!!!! Thats the worst part of the day, when the kids come home from school and my dad gets home! Its goes from beautiful quiet listening to birds to all out noise :roll:

Im SOOOO glad my dad is away from tomorrow and my brother from the weekend (though where he's going i havnt a clue) Oh actually i think he's going on school camp, and unfortunately my dads going to iraq :? but only for a week and he should come back to meet his grandaughter (i pray)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back