Going Insane!!!!!

Jackson1023

Reaction score
I'm 39 weeks, unable to drive, too far from the shops to walk without wetting myself and going insane. I live 120miles from my nearest relative and friends are all on holiday or at work, they also secretly annoy me due to their mobility, energy and wardrobe selection. I grew out of all but one pair of maternity trousers this past week! I am so uncomfortable. My husband took me to a shopping centre last week for a spot of shopping and tea and two sets of complete strangers took the p*ss out of how I walked! I was mortified, I don't look pregnant from behind it is ALL out front. To top it all off I have unplugged the phone, sick of people wanting to ask if it has come yet, no it hasn't! And NO I am not happy. I am desperate, any tips for speeding this up? Also any tips for relieving the sheer boredom, I have had my fill of reading, TV, cross stitch and surfing the internet and just to top it off I really struggle to do housework for more than about 15 min at a time. Anyone else completely fed up?

Sorry to whinge, part of me is excited, honest!

Im starting to feel exactly the same. I'm 4 days overdue and this is my sixth week of maternity leave. I have loved being able to relax but there is only so much daytime tv you can watch!! My OH works full time as do all my friends, my dad and my OHs mum and dad. My mum doesn't work but she can't drive and there is no bus service to where i live.

The last 2 weeks i haven't left the house in the week as i am too scared of my waters breaking while i am out, so bacically i am living like a recluse.

I know that once the baby's here i will miss this time to myself but i am just getting so impatient and bored. I too am excited but just want it to happen soon.

Keep your chin up i'm sure your LO will be here soon

Gem xx :hug:

Me too!! I'll join in...fed up, uncomfortable, bored etc. Daytime television (despite a million Sky channels) is rubbish and all repeats, can't get on with my crafts as were moving house and thus everything is in boxes or over in storage already, writing an email passes what 5 minutes and the forum is kinda quiet during the daytime. Friends all work and none of them are interested in babies just yet so I'm kinda the odd one out. Mum is driving me insane with "is he here yet" - erm like I'd forget to tell her she's a grandmother!! I'm 38 weeks today so know really I've got at least another week to go, if not 2 and DREAD the "overdue" thought right now.

Hang in there, LO will be here so soon now and I'm sure we'll all miss our quiet times but there will be nothing in the world to make us change it, I can't wait to hold my baby and know he's all ours, I'm so excited about that part, just fed up with the waiting now.

Well, I've been spending my time watching DVDs,reading,baking, and messing around with my herbs. Oh, and on the internet.Also, I spend about twice the amount of time in the bath these days. I think it's just a matter of being bored and waiting from here on in :(

hey all,

I feel bad as i am only 34 weeks nearly and i feel the same as you but you are well ahead!

I cant drive purely because i can't reach the pedals havn;t been able to for a while now lol and i get taken the mick out of constantly.

I have been really sad and done some Jigsaw puzzles to speed up the time and having all the sky channals have helped although turned onto the pregnancy one and watched this programme about labour and it really scared me!!!!!

Today I have taken delivery of 70 litres of Limewash, dealt with the electrician, done my usual walk through of the building site to check the plasterers are doing it how I want it, been to check on the horse, picked up a Pilates book from the bookshop (sooo want to be fit again,) ordered the kitchen flooring, made a couple of work emails, done the weekly shop, measured up the kitchen so I can get my joiner starting work on that next week and been to visit a friend.

Yesterday I collected a kitchen sink from the warehouse, bought the bathroom flooring, did the usual building site walkround, went to the carpet shop to choose carpet and organised a carpet fitter, took delivery of a new fridge and also of 3 tons of plaster, cleaned the house, visited another friend.

I don't have time to be bored :lol: . It's very unfortunate for me that my cottage renovation is running 3 months behind - we had a few unexpected structural problems, and it's Grade II listed so we had to stop work and wait for Listed Building Consent - but if I don't keep an eye on things the builders seem to be incapable of making the right decision. And I have to get the cottage finished to have a home for me and baby to move into at the end of next month :shock:

So if there is anyone in Berkshire who is bored and wants to come and learn to building site project manage at ultra slow waddle pace, I may have a vacancy in a day or two :lol: :lol: :lol:

mayday - a listed cottage, bet it's lovely :D my moms been waiting a year to get into her house and still waiting..

me i'm bored, fed up... can't walk around much now, especially after whatever went crunch last night, been in pain since then!! came home from midwife via iceland today, and by the time i had walked home (5 minutes going on 15) i was knackered and had to sit down to cool down and take the weight off my feet. iv already bought everything we need, and the nursery is as good as its gonna get since i can hardly bend down to pick anything up. sky channels gets boring after a while, and playstation 2 isnt the same really unless theres someone to play against. so i end up on here most of the day waiting for the 3.30 chat in the chatroom, then when OH says hes on his way home from work i put dinner in. thats about it. zzz

I would so love to be out and about on a building site, until 2 weeks ago I thought I was doing great - swimming, shopping, DIY etc. and now nearly nothing but expanding on the sofa while watching Jeremy Kyle.

I might take up jigsaw puzzles as mentioned by someone, they actually sound appealing right now!

Today I did buy an old gameboy from ebay so that might keep me entertained but knowing my luck it will arrive the day I go into labour. I have also booked a pregnancy massage for Friday which I am soooo excited about, something to look forward to, apart from my bundle of joy.

Now, I'm going to attempt to climb the stairs which seem to grow daily.

Well if you have steps or stairs a good way to get your waters breaking ir at least loosen you up inside is too bump down the stairs like a kid would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back