Maternity allowance - test period HELP!

emmacook

Reaction score
hi ladies,
I am 31+4 and applied for mat allowance a few weeks ago, apparently i only worked 23 weeks out of my test period, so it got declined, so i decided to register as self employed, on 25th april 2012, (my test period runs til 20th june) doing some cleaning etc, and i have filled in the form to pay national insurance class 2 contributions and have sent it off.

i am going to work like this until 2nd of june and have put on my form that i want my mat allowance (if entitled) to start from the 3rd. (or maybe 28th may if i have recieved anything from hmrc by then confirming the direct debits for nat insurance) which would mean id been self employed for 4 1/2 weeks.

has anyone else done this (become self employed and paid nat insurance conts) to top up the test period? any experiences with it would be greatly recieved, i am at such a loss with it all!!

will this make a valid claim and will i then be entitled?

Hi hun, I don't have any experience of this particular circumstance but I too am applying for maternity allowance and finding it a bit confusing, this number deals specifically with maternity allowance claims and offer advice, they're actually really helpful so I'd give them a ring! Here's the number 0845 608 8610 xxx

Good luck with it I really wish I had thought of that when I applied for mine I was 3 weeks short (even though i'm not...long story) I applied for mine in November and at the moment it's waiting to go to appeal after being refused :(

Thankyou, I'm worried sick but it was last resort! I don't even know if I will of registered intime for them to get all stuff done at hmrc! Ah well, least I've given it one last shot x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back