maternity allowance, smp1 confusion PLEASE help

LucyB.

Reaction score
im applying for maternity allowance as i have had to quit work due to pelvic girdle pain causing me to be in agony after a days work as my job involved standing up all day.

i quit my job in my 28th week of pregnancy so i was employed 15 weeks before my baby is due. The form says that if i was employed 15 weeks before baby is due i need to send an smp1 form stating why my workplace wont be giving me statutory maternity pay but work are being arseholes and messing me around when i ask for the form saying they dont know what im talking about.

If i have quit work and am not being paid statutory maternity pay for that reason and not because of earnings etc do i still need to send an smp1??xxx

There's a good website called direct.gov.uk/en/employment/index.htm. There's an online section under work and families for you to work out if you are entitled to maternity allowance or smp. Generally if you are still in work 15 weeks before the baby is due, even if you leave after, you are entitled to smp from your ex- employer. Hope this helps

You're entitled to smp from your employer-no arguments from them,they have to pay you it.
You need to present them with a mat b1 form.
If you think they're not gonna pay it then you need to seek advice from cab or dwp xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back