• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maternity allowance and income support?

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I have just rang up to make a claim for income support because the job centre signed me off of JSA. Anyway, the bloke said I'm entitled to maternity allowance and income support? I have worked for 6 months within the last year so I think thats what makes me entitled to it, but the thing I'm confused about is how much will I get? Will I get income support too? And how much will I get?

I'm confused because nobody has mentioned maternity allowance to me before, just income support.

WOW :shock: That's alot more money than I expected! I hope he's right and I can get it, I've got an appointment on wednesday so will find out then.

Will I still get income support aswell? Or is it just one or the other? I was going to apply for that maternity grant but now I don't know if I'd be able to if I'm on maternity allowance?

i'm not sure about income support really. it always confuses me! I can't get it but i do get maternity allowance.

The surestart grant isn't affected by whether or not you get maternity allowance.
I can claim my surestart one im claiming tax credits (when baby is born) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back