Income Support?

racheldee

Reaction score
So confused!
My parter has now moved in to my family home with my daughter and I (I still live with my Mum and pay her rent, well we both do now!) after lots of umming and ahhing about how things would be financially, I contacted the Jobcentre to tell them he's moved in and because he works more than 24 hours they've cut my income support completely, the lady on the phone said I could be entitled to Job Seekers but I work so that doesn't make any sense?! I'm not sure if we can now claim as a couple as we are now on a low income, I only get paid £25 p/wk (not including child benefit ect) and he gets about £200p/wk.
I'm just racking my brains out as I feel I'm in a vicious cycle as I find it difficult to afford childcare there for it's hard to work more hours and so on...
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Bear with me im abit rusty :)

You wouldnt get any money from job seekers allowance as your combined income is more than the couple allowance. Not sure on income support as Ive never worked on that benefit, but think you can only claim it as a single parent or if one of you is a student. I think as far as benefits are concerned your on your own now, not sure what the difference would be with your working tax credits

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back