MAT B1

Strangeness

Reaction score
I thought we could now recieve the MAT B1 form at 20 weeks? My employer wants the form asap so I phoned this morning to ask for it and my midwife left a message saying to phone her tomorrow morning because it's too early for it and she will issue it at 24 weeks? I'm confused now!

I got mine at my 24 week appointment.
You don't even need to inform your employer until you are 25 weeks (though obviously almost everyone lets their employer know long before) so they can't demand the form from you before then. To be honest I didn't give it to my employer until 28 weeks - they don't need it until you go on maternity leave I don't think.

My MW told me that they wouldn't issue it until 24 weeks.

before 2001 it was 26 weeks (14 before edd) now it can be given afetr 20 weeks (20 before edd).

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/lifeevent/benefit ... p#howclaim

They are not trying to be difficult most of the time but there are still lots of he old forms around that say they can't be given until 26 weeks so t is easy for them to forget. There are so many forms in the NHS it is impossible to be up to date with them all :)

Your emplyer doesn't need it until 15 weeks before EDD (25 weeks) so is just beign awkward :wall:

Ah so my employer is just being pushy! I'm getting confused with it all to be honest :lol: my midwife is going to phone me back cos she wasn't in this morning but will see what she says. Was hoping to get it soon because I have to move doctors now we have moved (even though it is only 3 miles away which I am not pleased about) so will have to have a new midwife!

It says on the form that it can be issued after 20 weeks so u should be able to get it.

I wouldn't worry about your employer - make them wait! They will probably pee about when they get it and lose it :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back