Mastitis?

knopk@

Reaction score
Hi mummys, I have a question.
My lo prefers right breast as the flow is better so yesterday I noticed lump in my left and it started to hurt - I massaged it and made lo eat from that one but its still painful although better.

Is it a start of mastitis? My DH is on business trip and I dont even have anyone to help.

Should I go to the GP if it gets worse?

I just so dont enjoy breastfeeding, its been the worst experience for me. I wish I could stop but lo wont let me.

Sorry for mini-rant

Might just be a blocked duct at the moment and if it is, keep massaging, feeding and expressing on that side as much as possible. If it turns into mastitis you'll know about it, mine started aching a little but within a couple of hours was unbearably painful and I felt absolutely awful. If you think its mastitis you need to get to the Dr ASAP for antibiotics and keep feeding, expressing, and massaging as much as possible x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

It could be a blocked duct. Have you tried the massage and hot/cold flannels? Mastitis is really painful, you may also feel fluey and need antibiotics, I had it with my DD and I've had blocked ducts a few time this time which is painful but I've managed to clear it. You could also change his feeding position, if you have his nose pointing towards the lump (if possible!) this can help to clear it too, I fed laying down for a few feeds.
So sorry your not enjoying breast feeding, nobody tells you how exhausting and hard it can be, youve done brilliant feeding him this long and it won't be too much longer now. Kynon won't take a bottle either so we're working on getting him to take a cup so I can at least get a little break!

I would go to sleep with a hot water bottle on it at night then feed on it when LO woke. That helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back