Marketing phone calls HELP

Emma58

Reaction score
Does anyone know how I can stop getting marketing phone calls? Every day the phone must ring half a dozen times and they are really peeing me off now. I have just been out and had only been in 15 minutes and it rang twice, both times marketing calls.

We have caller display so I haven't answered them but i'm getting really wound up with it now.

Is it the same marketing company with the same number - if so you can block their number with BT. If you are with BT phone them because theres something else they can do (although can't remember what it is :wall: I think they have their own telephone preference service and will give you numbers to call and register with - all free)

I had the same thing a few months ago and arrrgggghhhhhh it was so annoying, especially when the phone was going at 11-12 at night and 5-6 in the morning, I used to cack myself something was wrong with friends or family and all I got when I answered the phone was a stupid beeping tone :evil: :evil:

Brilliant!!

Thank you very much I have registered with them.

Just to say we registered with TPS and it takes about 28 days, but we havnt had a single marketing call since! :dance: They used to be as bad as yours and it just makes you seeth doesnt it :x

Squiglet said:

OMG thats hilarious :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Im gonna try that :lol:

Although I did get a call once while eating my dinner once, I asked them to hold the line while I finsihed my dinner, put the phone on the table so they could hear us eating and chatting, and when I finished she was still on the phone! I just picked it up and said "sorry no sales calls" and hung up :rotfl:

glitzyglamgirl said:
Squiglet said:

Although I did get a call once while eating my dinner once, I asked them to hold the line while I finsihed my dinner, put the phone on the table so they could hear us eating and chatting, and when I finished she was still on the phone! I just picked it up and said "sorry no sales calls" and hung up :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: When I get sales calls.. I let them rabbit on and on... going mmmhum.. then when they get to the end.... say in my best common English accent... "sorry love... I don't speak Spanish!" and hang up... I'm so mean... :rotfl:

TPS are great. Mainly because if you then DO get a marketing call after 28 days you know they must have got your number illegally, so you can string them along till you get their details and then report them on TPS website! Ha! Revenge! :cheer:

debecca said:
TPS are great. Mainly because if you then DO get a marketing call after 28 days you know they must have got your number illegally, so you can string them along till you get their details and then report them on TPS website! Ha! Revenge! :cheer:

Ive been trying for ages to get details of this company that keeps calling, I tell them every time we are on TPS so DO NOT RING AGAIN. I cant get the name of the company out of them coz I dont understand a fookin word he says!

Squiglet said:
glitzyglamgirl said:
Squiglet said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: When I get sales calls.. I let them rabbit on and on... going mmmhum.. then when they get to the end.... say in my best common English accent... "sorry love... I don't speak Spanish!" and hang up... I'm so mean... :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

lol you've just reminded me of what my uncle and my mum do.

someone phoned my uncle up trying to sell him a mobile phone with all these great deals and everything... he let them carry on and then he said "are you taking the p!ss out of me, i have no fingers so how do you expect me to use a mobile" :rotfl:

(he's joking of course!)

then the other week my mum got a phone call selling windows and doors.
she said to them, "we don't have any windows or doors, we live in a tent"
and the woman said, how have you got a phone line if you're living in a tent?
and my mum said, "because i'm magic" :rotfl:
the saleswoman put the phone down :lol:

Kimbo said:
lol you've just reminded me of what my uncle and my mum do.

someone phoned my uncle up trying to sell him a mobile phone with all these great deals and everything... he let them carry on and then he said "are you taking the p!ss out of me, i have no fingers so how do you expect me to use a mobile" :rotfl:

(he's joking of course!)

then the other week my mum got a phone call selling windows and doors.
she said to them, "we don't have any windows or doors, we live in a tent"
and the woman said, how have you got a phone line if you're living in a tent?
and my mum said, "because i'm magic" :rotfl:
the saleswoman put the phone down :lol:

That's brilliant i'm going to try that one :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27