Stopping marketing calls

poochielove

Reaction score
BT are assholes and have seemingly sold my details to every business going even though i requested to be ex directory for this very reason :wall: i had THREE marketing calls in total today from different companys (all got told to eff off :lol: ) and the phone rang 4 times yesturday - which i ignored as no one has this number yet.

I heard about something you can do to stop them a looong time ago and cant remember what it is :doh: ...something to do with a website or phone number? Its really vague in my mind..does anyone have a clue what i am going on about?

when I was 15 and still at school I had an evening job cold calling people trying to sell timeshare disguised as a cheap holiday. :shhh:

we'd have people tell us they were registered with the TPS but tbh we just used to put their number back in the file and they'd probably get another call in 6 months... :oops:

Jade&Evie said:
we'd have people tell us they were registered with the TPS but tbh we just used to put their number back in the file and they'd probably get another call in 6 months... :oops:

Really????? That is illegal in the data protection act, a small claus in it.... At one of my old jobs, as soon as you put in someones address details (the system held every address in the north east of scotland) it would flash on the screen if the number was registered with TPS and you could only go further into it if they were due us money or a manager had to over-ride it.... I think we used to do a monthly update to keep the system up-to-date

Jade&Evie said:
when I was 15 and still at school I had an evening job cold calling people trying to sell timeshare disguised as a cheap holiday. :shhh:

I worked for a company *cough*staybritewindows*cough* who had a really bad system and i was always ringing ex directory numbers and getting a gob full and once i rang a prison :lol: and the guy was like "I dont think we need windows do you love?" so i told my manager to take it off the list and a week later i rang it again :roll:

SarahH said:
Jade&Evie said:

Really????? That is illegal in the data protection act, a small claus in it.... At one of my old jobs, as soon as you put in someones address details (the system held every address in the north east of scotland) it would flash on the screen if the number was registered with TPS and you could only go further into it if they were due us money or a manager had to over-ride it.... I think we used to do a monthly update to keep the system up-to-date

Perhaps it was the same as ours...paper based! Anything to save money the tight gits...we had to sit on plastic school chairs in rows in a store room with no windows!

I was gettin calls every day every half and an hour an it was driving me nuts, turned out it was a forign compnay who had random dialled a number and as soon as they got a number it was kept on their system and as it isnt a british company tps doesnt apply!!! Its jsut a computer generatoed thing

I know have a new number with caller display and refuse to answer withhelds!
(if you get a withheld from a family member get them to do 1470 in front of your number it will release there number just for that call!)

poochielove said:
SarahH said:
Jade&Evie said:

Perhaps it was the same as ours...paper based! Anything to save money the tight gits...we had to sit on plastic school chairs in rows in a store room with no windows!

Sorry, that made me laugh.... you were selling windows, but didnt even have any yourself to look out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back