Anyone ever left a phone in a taxi? Help needed!

Urchin

Reaction score
Hiya

Well after my fancy dress party, I think I left my phone in the taxi, I have rang the cab firm and everything but it's gone.

I was gutted about my lost numbers, but after that I'd stopped worrying about it UNTIL my friend said the same thing happened to her once and her mobile bill had £300 worth of calls made to Pakistan in one night!

HELP!

I've rang O2 to see if any calls have been made but their system is 72 hours behind, so I won't know until tomorrow.
I have their "silver" insurance cover, but I don't know if leaving a phone in a taxi is covered by this, as the phone was left unattended so it looks like if any calls were made I might be liable.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm gutted. :(

You can get o2 to block your sim so no one can make calls if you havnt already done that.
other than that i dont know to be honest because mine broke in the shower.. :shhh: :doh:

Phone and get the sim blocked asap - or they can still build up your phone bill!!

I locked it on Saturday morning (it was switched off when I called it) but I'm worried about any calls made in the night.

This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago, there was around £500 calls over the 24hours she lost it, as she was so hungover the next day she didn't realise she hadn't got her phone.
They tried to charge her for the calls, she canx her DD and refused to pay, wrote a very arsey letter asking them to go back through her history of calls over the last 12 months to note how many times she had called pakistan & india before.....and she hadn't and eventually they didn't charge her. I think she reported it to the police as well that her phone had been lost & someone had been using her identity to call around the world (she was happy to cause as much stink as poss not to be charged for the calls.....it seemed to work!)
Good Luck, I really hope that you don't get a rockin phone bill so you just don't have to cause a stink in the first place.

urchin said:
Hiya

Well after my fancy dress party, I think I left my phone in the taxi, I have rang the cab firm and everything but it's gone.

I was gutted about my lost numbers, but after that I'd stopped worrying about it UNTIL my friend said the same thing happened to her once and her mobile bill had £300 worth of calls made to Pakistan in one night!

HELP!

I've rang O2 to see if any calls have been made but their system is 72 hours behind, so I won't know until tomorrow.
I have their "silver" insurance cover, but I don't know if leaving a phone in a taxi is covered by this, as the phone was left unattended so it looks like if any calls were made I might be liable.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? I'm gutted. :(

im sorry to hear this urchin. its never happened to me before but i know id be gutted too. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi urchin

So sorry about you phone what a way to end and good night.

Have you reported it to the police, if not I'd do so they should give you a crime number which should help you claim if any calls have been made from you phone.

After you've reported also phone your mobile phone company and tell them you've reported it and have a crime number if needed.

You shouldn't be charged for any calls that have been made on your phone since losing it and if they try and charge you tell them to shove it!!

xSuzx

Ahhhh Urchin, I feel for you.
I dont know about O2 insurance, as with Vodfone, your just covered if you loose, leave or have your phone stolen. Im sure you'll be fine with the calls, and can only say what the others have said.

Big hugs to you xxx

I came home from Honeymoon to find mine had been stolen out of our car ina 'secure' airport parking place!
I know where you are coming from, i couldnt give two hoots about a mobile phone, but i sobbed when i realised it had gone........ It had a recording of Charlies heartbeat when i was 36 weeks PG, and photos of her when she was 40 mins old etc. :cry:
I am now in the belief that there will be people who i will never be in contact with again :(

Sure take the shitty phone, but post the bloody sim/memory cards to the service provider!!!!!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr Sorry Urchin, taken over your post! It makes me upset and angry :evil:

Sorry to hear you lost your phone Urchin, what a complete and utter bugger!!

Im hoping that you get the all clear and no calls have been made :pray:

Hope the insurance has covered it Urchin, the same thing happened to DH after a night out, woke up the next morning couldnt find his phone, called it and a bloke answered, hubby said it was his found and asked where he was so he could pick it up, the bloke ended the call!
Straight on to Vodafone who blocked it straight away but when his bill came through at the end of the month the chap who found his phone had called a load of 0898 numbers!.
We had to argue for months that he hadnt used the phone to make those calls and tried to explain but ended up having to pay, that is why myself and hubby are now on 02.
Hope all been sorted out for the best Urchin xx

Thanks ladies I am feeling a bit better about it today.

No calls have been made since I last called OH at 2.12am PHEW!

I was so lucky I didn't really have any pics I will miss on it (only party ones and I have loads of good ones as you have seen LOL)
I am annoyed about the numbers, and there was one friend in particular who has just moved house and I was worried losing her number as I have addresses for everyone else.
Thankfully I saw her in Tescos today :cheer: I went running after her cos I caught a glimpse of her and now have her number again! YAY!
As for everyone else: my number won't change and if the are a true friend they will be calling or texting me so I'm not worried.

PHEW! Thats brilliant news - you're very lucky hun!

What a coincidence as well bumping into your friends in Tesco's - brilliant!

Thats good news Urchin.

I bet you looked like a mad women chasing your friend lol

xSuzx

Ah thats great news Urchin, atleast you have no calls to pay up for.

I know what you mean when you say about your true friends will contact you, but there will always be some numbers you cant replace. :( The whole thing is just a pain in the ass isnt it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back