Male Midwives

Rósa

Reaction score
After watching One born every minute, I said to my partner , what would you think if we had a male midwife? he said he wouldn't be happy at all and wouldn't like it.. What do your o/h think?

My oh wouldn't care, they are trained to do a certain job. No different from yoir oh having a female doc look at his bits.

Does he not like male midwifes because they may be attracted to you? If so then what if the female midwife was a lesbian!

When I was in hospital I was a bit nervous whn the male doctor came to check on me as I was like "it a man, and he may look at my bits" (lol). Bur then I was like, he is doing his job, of he has o do an internal then so be it-he didn't in the end.

My OH wouldn't care. The amount of Male obstetricians that have had their fist up my fan fan, he wouldn't bat an eyelid!

my dh wouldnt be keen but if thats all there was he wouldnt care but it wouldnt bother me

He said "a little bit strange but it all depends on how he does his job"

Id be comofortable with a male mw, so would hubby. Its no different to a male Dr, as long as he was good at his job and delivered my baby safely we couldnt care less

I had one after I had my baby, he looked after me just before I went to postnatal and he was so lovely! Complete poof, OH wasn't too bothered. Don't know what it would be like having one actually deliver your baby though lol xx

my Oh simply said that most of them have gay tendancies so hes fine with it, but if he acted like a big macho man trying to impress me and being smug he would knock him out :rofl:

With my first two pregnancies we had a great male consultant - the rest of the staff weren't great and for y third pregnancy we chose the hospital just for him because he was the only one I trusted he even helped me give birth to my second and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else there - he had only gone and bloody retired when I was having Chloé! I was well annoyed! Lol xx

Rósa;1805943 said:
After watching One born every minute, I said to my partner , what would you think if we had a male midwife? he said he wouldn't be happy at all and wouldn't like it.. What do your o/h think?

TBH I wouldn't mind too much! As long as my baby is delivered safely, a bloody chimpanzee could deliver!!!

It might be a bit weird I guess, and I can understand where you and your OH are coming from, but just suck on the gas and air and I'm sure you wouldn't care anymore either. I believe when you are in labour the pain is so intense that you loose all rational thoughts, so how you feel now about a male midwife delivering, I am more than sure it will be the least of your worries on the day.

Have you rang your hospital to enquire whether they actually have male midwives? I know mine doesn't (my MW just said this in passing, i didn't ask). If you are worried it may be worth just enquiring, it could give you 1 less thing for you and OH to worry about, or in the other instance, get used to the *possibility*.

I'll tell you a true story with me. Some years ago I was grossly overweight and suffered PCOS, which was always a worry for me and my hubby as we were desperate for children. All appointments at the hospital relating to my PCOS I always made sure it was a female seeing me. Well one time I went and to my complete horror it was a young and rather dishy looking young man - I was mortified. I tell no word of a lie when I say he was the best gynaecologist I have ever seen in the 8 years of me going back and forth to the hospital. He refered me to a dietician, was sympathetic to my on-going problems, he examined me (which isn't nice whoever does it to be fair) he was thorough in his explanations etc. With his help I was able to loose weight and conceive within a year.

All I'm saying is, don't dismiss the opposite sex, you may be pleasantly surprised at how good they are. At the end of the day, it's their job - they have seen it all before!

:hugs:

Im not worried about a male midwife, its my partner, I dunno why he wouldn't be happy, didn't actually ask him :lol:

Rósa;1806623 said:
Im not worried about a male midwife, its my partner, I dunno why he wouldn't be happy, didn't actually ask him :lol:

Just pass him some gas and air when the MW isn't looking! :rotfl:

lol - im planning to pass it to my hubby cos i think he's going to be worrying bless him. He'll keep his cool for me, but i know him too well!

Rósa;1805943 said:

Just watched it. Thought I would be dead against a male midwife bit he was so nice. I suppose it totally depends on the individual as to whether you feel comfortable with them or not. Although it would be good to have someone who had been through labour themselves if possible, that way they've been through the trauma of pain, tearing etc and understand better how to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back