• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Making The First Move

Vicki & Nathan

Reaction score
Well To Cut A Long Story Short, I Am Still Married To Someone Else

I Was Married For 5 Years And Left In Mar 2006 And Then Got Together With Nathans Dad

My Dad Works With Him And Won't Tell Him About Nathan (Nobody At His Work Even Knows Hes A Grandad!) Says He Doesn't Want Them Knowing His Business?!

I Really Want To Start Divorce But My Dad Wouldn't Talk To Him About It So I Am Going To Write A Letter Today And I'm Going To Tell Him I Want A Divorce AND The Reason Why I Don't Care What My Dad Says

He Isn't A Bad Person And I Think If He Knew About Nathan He Would Get Off His Bum And Do Something

Technically We Can't Claim The Marriage Just Didn't Work Til We Have Been Seperated For 2 Years But I Don't Even Care If He Puts Adultery Down I Just Want Out Of It Now

Me And OH Now Want To Get Married Sometime In The Future And I Want Us To Have The Same Name

I Don't Want Him To Grow Up And Ask Why I Have Someone Else's Name And Have To Explain I Was Married To Someone Else, Doesn't Look Good Does It!

Hi

Can't you divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour?

One of you just has to choose 3 good reasons, they don't have to be big,bitchy or nasty.

That's what my ex and myself did and our divorce was started and finalised within 3 months :D

Wow Thats Quick 3 Months?

It's A Lot Quicker Than It Used T o Be, Took My Dad Over A Year To Divorce My Mum :shock:

because you have been separeated for more than 3 years u can just get a divorce on those grounds

go to your local county court and get some blank divorce papers and away u go.

budge said:
because you have been separeated for more than 3 years u can just get a divorce on those grounds

I Have Only Been Seperated For Just Over A Year

Vicki & Nathan said:
Wow Thats Quick 3 Months?

It's A Lot Quicker Than It Used T o Be, Took My Dad Over A Year To Divorce My Mum :shock:

we were very lucky as our divorce solicitor was my fil so he just said find 3 reasons, don't be nasty about it...he knew that we were both very unhappy & wanted to help us out. A case of married too young and we both grew up :?

He filed the papers immediately and away we went.

As long as you're organised,have your papers ready,no disputes etc,it shouldn't take too long.

You both have to be willing to work together.

Vicki & Nathan said:
budge said:

I Have Only Been Seperated For Just Over A Year
oh shoot i read it wrong. thought it said separated for 5 years. :doh:

go to a solicitor. it should be a fairly swift divorce as there are no kids involved

use unreasonable behaviour. its only used to get the divorce. it will be of no detriment to eithers futur.e

I got divorced within a year and my marriage only lasted 5 months. We used unreasonable behaviour and there was no nastiness involved either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back