Tommee Tippee bottles - taking milk out - advice needed

Discussion in 'Feeding & Nutrition' started by Beatlesfan, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Beatlesfan

Beatlesfan Well-Known Member

Just wondering how I cna ensure that milk taken out (on days out etc.) will store? I have a plastic cap which attaches to bottle which is great for storing (expressed milk) in fridge .... but if I were to use this on bottle taken out probs are:

1. I only have one cap so could only take one bottle at time..
    2. How cn I ensure that the teat and lid are sterile? How could I store them to ensure this?

Also, if I just take out expressed milk in bottles with teat and lid attached to bottle I would have to make sure that they stayed upright as I don;t have any of those little flat caps that make sure the milk doesn't spill out.

What do others do who use these bottles? can I buy more caps or flat caps??

thanks
    BF x

2. Beatlesfan

3. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

I use cartons of formula when I go out because I can't express enough off for a whole feed anymore. But when I used to take expressed milk, it was frozen in a breastmilk freezer bag with a clip on it. I would take the assembled bottle, the frozen freezer bag of milk and put a cooler ice block in next to the milk so it stays cool but slowly defrosts.

I take out nipple shields though, and use a little clip box to take them out in. I can't find a picture of the one I use but its like a little plastic box with clips on the side. I sterilise that and put the nipple shields in and assume that's ok so if I was ever in the predicament of holding a lid and teat sterile, I'd probably do the same just with a bigger tub.

That probly didn't help :?

4. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

Sometimes I use one of these to take the nipple shields in. It's avent tho so not sure if it would hold a tt teat and lid.

[​IMG]

5. Beatlesfan

That's great thanks - it does help knowing someone else has had to be creative!!!

Ill keep an eye out for a secure container I can sterilise. x