• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Makes me wonder why I bother.

Amanda

Reaction score
So, I made lasagne yesterday. Normally I would make the bolognese sauce from scratch with mince, onions, garlic, tomatoes, herbs, etc, and then I make a white sauce as well from flour, butter and milk. But because I can't stand for long, I cheated and made one with the jars of Dolmio, 1 red sauce and 1 white sauce.

I didn't tell either DD or DH that the whole thing came from a jar. I bought the jars from the local shop when I was coming home from my mums, and neither of them saw me. DD was in her bedroom when I made it, and DH was in bed. Then the jars were washed and put in the recycling bin. So I thought I could blag it that I had made it myself!

So, DH is at work last night, and Kayleigh and I are eating, and all I can hear is mmmmm, and yumm. I said 'you look like you're enjoying that', and her reply was 'it's georgeous mum!! I don't know what you've done different, but it's much nicer than normal' :shock:

DH came home at about 10pm, and I went to bed before he heated his up. I've got up this morning and there is a post-it note stuck to the fridge saying 'That lasagne was great last night. You should bottle the sauce, you'd make a fortune. I'm so lucky to be married to such a great cook'!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

It's a good job I'm not too hormonal at the minute or this would tip me over the edge!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

At leat they thanked u for it hun

Are u going to tell them it was out of a jar?

Bless ya hunnie.....they need never know...and they'll always think you stand for ages making their tea....tho I do know what you mean...good job the hormones are ok at the minute.... :rotfl:
xxxx

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Look on the bright side, your life just got a little bit easier!! :D

:rotfl:
At least you dont have to spend ages cooking now!!!
Just use the jars.Dont tell them theyll never know.

xxx

my lot always prefer the jar sauce for spag bol than my homemade sauce!!

well least u know, not 2 waste ur time in the future!!!

I've learnt my lesson now. Tonights dinner was pasta with a tub of stir-in sauce (normally I make my own), and a fresh tuna steak. It took 15 mins start to finish and was gorgeous!!! :lol:

No more making things from scratch till I've got more time and strength. :D

well done u!!! go n put ur feet up 4 all the hard work ;)

Hi

:rotfl: aww poor you but its not there fault they thought you made it and was giving you a compliment saves you work too
Katrina

awww hun u know u can save yaself alot of energy now and even get oe of em to cook it lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back