Make-up!

Caoimhe..x

Reaction score
Hi Ladies :)

This isn't pregnancy related at all but I'm going shopping on Monday to treat myself to some new clothes and make-up :) can't wait. Anyway what foundation do you all use? I'd like one that lasts long but isn't too cakey. Atm I'm using Rimmel Super Stay 24hr. So get your recommendations in please :) Also do yous use primer before your make-up and does it make a big difference??

Xx

I started using the garnier BB cream last year and wouldn't go back to foundation now. It's very light but still gives good coverage x

I'm a mac girl - love it! Used their beauty balm then studio fix which is a powder with coverage of foundation (I'm not so keen on liquid) lasts ages too x

I might try a BB cream then, but do they give as good of coverage as foundation? Xx

I prefer it as it goes on like a moisturiser and you don't get flaky or caked bits like you can with foundation x

Bare minerals is the absolute best you can get, it looks amazing on & last all day. Be warned, one you try it you'll never go back to gunky liquid foundation x

Rachel80 how do you apply bare minerals? Sponge, brush, fingers?? Xx

And Vickimo do you just put BB cream on with your fingers then if its just like moisturiser? Xx

Rachel80 how do you apply bare minerals? Sponge, brush, fingers?? Xx

I agree with Rachel!

You apply with a brush. If there is a bare mineral boutique, I'd recommend getting a make up trial. If not, try QVC as you can send it back if you don't like it after trying it fro upto 30 days.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I swear by bb cream aswel as I suffer with bad dry skin and it doesn't cling to my face like most foundations x

I have stopped wearing foundation or tinted moisturiser since falling pregnant as my skin keeps having break outs and make up makes it worse. Normally I use olay tinted moisturiser during summer as it is nice and light and has spf and during colder months when I don't sweat I use max factor second skin or something similar. I always use a moisturiser before my foundation as it goes on much better that way. I was using a mac foundation brush but changed to sponge applicators as you get a much more natural finish x

God I don't know what to try now, might try get myself some samples to decide which I like best xx

That sounds like a good plan, boots tend to give samples if you take a little pot in ;)

I have some samples of BB creams to try myself so might give these a go after seeing this thread :) x

If you get a bare minerals starter kit you get the foundation, brushes, powder & bronzer all in a one box. Debenhams normally have bare minerals counter & they will show you what to do x

I use MAC as well, it is just fantastic. I'll never go back to cheaper ones now, you really do get what you pay for with foundation. It seems really expensive when you buy it, but you hardly need to use any and the coverage is still great.

I'll be in Debenhams next week so hopefully I'll get some samples.

Gemsy what's the name of the MAC foundation you use?

Xx

I'll be in Debenhams next week so hopefully I'll get some samples.

Gemsy what's the name of the MAC foundation you use?

Xx

I use pro longwear - as I have to have something that lasts with work, I need to be able to look decent for at least 12 hours without reapplying! Having said that, even though it lasts forever, that is with a really light layer.

The girls on the MAC counters are excellent too - just tell them what you want, and they will find something to suit.

I have been through so many foundations over the years, and seriously, the cheap ones just are not the same.

Thanks Gemsy I'll def be going to the MAC counter during the week xx

I tried bare minerals at the recommendation of my mother in law...never gone back its the best! Super light on your skin but great coverage x

Kate0412 what type of bareMinerals do you use? Your skin looks lovely in your profile photo xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back