• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Maialen 14th of March, 2012

Esperanza84

Reaction score
So, will try to write down my birth story here.

I had suspected that my waters had broken, this was Tuesday, so I called the labour ward and they told me to keep an eye on my temperature and the colour of my water and to come in the NeXT day if nothing had happened. Nothing happened, so I went in the NeXT day to be told that my waters had gone and that I needed to be induced. My first reaction to this was: NO, I can't start labour now! I was fersking a bit out, but I got used to the thought eventually. At this point, I was 2 cm dilated. Getting induced ca take for ever, so I bought a lot of magazines to read and was prepared for the wait.

The first tablett was inserted at 11a.m and after a couple of hours, I got some mild period pains. At 3 pm I was getting cramps/contractions every 10 minutes, but very mild ones (I could talk through them). I ate a little bit and my contractions got stronger and lasted longer. At 4 pm they were five and four minutes appart, lasting 30 - 40 seconds and I had trouble talking through them.

They were going to check me again at 5pm and when it was a quarter past five I demanded to Get seen again. I was then 6cm dilated and was moved to a labour ward. Now my contractions lasted almost a minute and they were only 1 and 2 minutes apart. During my contractions I had to breath. Hubby was so good, he brought me somethibg to drink when I needed it and held a cold cloth on my forehead. Other than that, I told him not to touch me, no to talk to me or do anything during my contractions. And he managed all this very well:D

Around 7 pm I had an urge to push but was not allowed to push yet. It was really hard not to push, but I managed. A cuarter past seven or so (I'm not sure), I was allowed to push and it was such a relief! Finally I could "do" something!! This part of the labour was the hardest one and the most painfull one, but I realized that I was close to seeing my little girl so I just had to work hard to Get to see her. At this point there were two midwifes in the room, who told me I was doing really good, and said that it seemed like I had done this many times before. "If only all women in labour could be like this.." one of them said:D. My hubby said I was doing so great that it was almost a bit fun;)

At 7.40 pm my little perfect girl arrived and it was such a relief!! She was beautifull and just perfect!

I had two stiches done (but just to be sure, I didn't tear a lot) and no drugs what so ever:) I'm really pleased with my labour - giving birth is a unique experience and I feel so lucky that I got the chance to do this and to Get this little perfect girl home with me afterwards!! It's the best thing that has happend to me!

To all of you who's still waiting to go into labour, I know you'll do great! If I can do it, everyone can!!!

Will add some more photos when I Get some more time on my hands!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332333178.141699.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1332333178.141699.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 59
Aw lovely story hun well done for no pain relief

Congratulations, shes beautiful xxx

You did so amazingly good and your baby girl is so precious :love: welcome to the world little princess :love:

Btw I have a theory about your so easy labour. Your daily walking... My mom was saying yesterday that she walked for like 1 h every day and her first labour was so fast and without any painkillers that the doctors couldn't believe it...

Btw I have a theory about your so easy labour. Your daily walking... My mom was saying yesterday that she walked for like 1 h every day and her first labour was so fast and without any painkillers that the doctors couldn't believe it...

Yes, that might have something to do with it:) 13 weeks already hope?? Time is flying by!! Hope you're feeling okay!! xx

I have an awful cold and fever and coughing but pregnancy wise I am ok. Just hope that bean will make it through my cold.
Esperanza if you were in need of pain management what is available in Norway during labour??

Congratulations esperanza, you're an inspiration! Omg no painkillers!!! Amazing!

Your little girl is lovely! Very very happy for you, my former cycle buddy :)

:yay: :yay: :yay:

Eep my mobile double posts when it loses connection... Or maybe it's just as excited as i am! :D

Last edited:
Well done you!!!

Sounds like you have a very positive experience.

Your labour tale is also a very good incentive for me to carry on my daily walking (I walk about 80 minutes a day?)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Wonderful birth story, you did a brilliant job and she's just beautiful. Come on over to baby and toddler x

amazing story hun, you did great! she is so gorgeous :love:

You done great & your little girl is gorgeous, congrats!!!! X

I have an awful cold and fever and coughing but pregnancy wise I am ok. Just hope that bean will make it through my cold.
Esperanza if you were in need of pain management what is available in Norway during labour??

I Think I could have had all the same things that u guys have in the Uk, gas, epidural, morphine etc. My labour was so quick so we didn't have time for anything really. But if it had lasted a long time, I would definantly have tried some pain relief I think. You live in Haugesund right!? I have heard good things about the hospital over there!!! xx

Well done you!!!

Sounds like you have a very positive experience.

Your labour tale is also a very good incentive for me to carry on my daily walking (I walk about 80 minutes a day?)

xxxxxxxxxxx

Wow, 80 minutes?? That's great!!!! I'm impressed!!! xx

Just amazing! Well done honey - so happy for you and she's just as gorgeous on the outside as she was inside!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back