• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Made a start at packing my bags

smurf

Reaction score
Well yesterday I've finally got most of the stuff together and packed my bags - still have a few more bits to go in but the basic necessities are in there.

Don't know how long I'm gonna be in for so haven't a clue how many vests and babygrows or nappies to pack. :? So put in 4 vests, 5 babygrows and a couple of little cardigans and about 10 nappies :lol: . Think I might need to buy some more vests as 4 is all I have. I only live about 10 minutes from the hospital so DH can always bring stuff home and wash it.

I did mine last week too smurf, and loved packing all the bits away and thinking omg my baby will be wearing them soon!

thats similar to what Ive packed- 4 vests and 3 romper suits (one of them is the 'going home' outfit, 1 cardigan, 1 hoodie :lol: , 1 blanket (cuz its so cute) socks and mitts and 15 nappies. We too live about 10 mins from hospital so im gonna put a second bag together just in case we need more.

I've done my bag this weekend too (well finished it coz it was half done).

I took up the suggestion posted here about packing enough stuff only for 24 hours and leaving some at home "just in case" you need more.

So I've packed this for the baby:-

10 nappies / cotton wool / 2 muslin squares
2 vests
2 babygro's/sleep suits
1 hat
1 pair of socks
1 cardigan

1 bottle + 1 pack of ready made milk (although I'm going to attempt to b/feed)

I've also left a pile of things in the cot for my OH or mum to bring in later if need be. That way I can get both my and the baby's stuff in one bag.

:hug:

Ive packed loads and over done it as alwasy,have more then all of you put together!
But i like to know that i have enough and that i have a few of the tiny sizes to the bigger sizes incase the baby is tiny or a mini heiffer.
I have rompers and sleepsuits, baby gros, dresses - you name it i have it in my bag.
losds of hatd and mittens

Hello

Because we got the nursery sorted this weekend i too have been thinking about what to put in my baby bag, as i have been unpacking things.
Are you going to take a couple of cellular blankets for the night times and for going home??

Also for our things, maternity pads, breast pads, etc seem to take up so much room! do you need a pack or 2 for 1st day or so?

x

I've packed a lovely blacket we bought for bring bugs home in but no celular blankets as the hopsital will provide these.

Yes I agree the mat pads and breast pads do take up a lot of room. I packed one pack of mat pads in my labour bag and 1 pack in my general hospital bag. The breast pads I've taken them out of the box and put 2 into my labour bag and about 8 into my hospital bag. I am hoping I won't need that much as my milk won't come in until about day 3 and I am hoping to be home by then. If not DH can always bring some in for me.

nikkif said:
Hello

Because we got the nursery sorted this weekend i too have been thinking about what to put in my baby bag, as i have been unpacking things.
Are you going to take a couple of cellular blankets for the night times and for going home??

Also for our things, maternity pads, breast pads, etc seem to take up so much room! do you need a pack or 2 for 1st day or so?

x

Nikki - For me I've packed:

6 maternity pads and 4 breast pads
Labour T shirt
Toiletries
1 pair big knickers
1 pair of socks
Nightdress
Dressing Gown
Slippers
Flannel
MP3 player
Book

I haven't taken any bed linen or blankets for the baby. But will take the family baby shawl to wrap him and this could be used if necessary.

This is all just for the first day. If I need any more stuff it's all at home and OH/Mum can bring it in when visiting.

My hospital are quite funny about us bringing too much stuff. They said only one bag.
:hug:

thanks, i think i will have a pile of things nearer the time for DH to bring in if needed :hug:

What hospital are you going to smurf?Just wondered as i live in herts too and wondered if you were going to the hospital i had Freya in. I'm soooo nosey!

For myself i have packed

2 packs of paper knickers
1 larege pack of maternity towels
2 towels, 1 for birth and one for bathing
4 nighties (onr for labour)
1 normal bra
1 nursing bra
comfy trousers and top for going home in
Toiletries bag (make up hair brush etc)

ellieG I'm going to the Lister in Stevenage - god I hope its not too noisy :?

I am going blind Ellie I thought you said it was so noisy not you were nosey don't worry I'm alwasy keen to know where others had their babies too.

I had stephen in the rosie maternity hospital in cambridge and me and hubby were disgusted by the way i was treated there.
ie, I had stephen and they expected me to sit there and not have abath or shower until i got up to the ward and it took them six hours.
In the end i gave stephen to tommo and had a shower!

smurf said:
ellieG I'm going to the Lister in Stevenage - god I hope its not too noisy :?
Thats where I had my LO, wasn't noisy!!! :rotfl: They were lovely :D

Cool glad to hear it.

Mrs_Tommo the Rosie was one of my choices but I thought it was a bit too far the Lister was much nearer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back