lump under nipple........ updated

Charliebump3

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I was just wondering if you have ever noticed a lump under your little ones nipple. I notice a small pea size hard lump that you can move under her nipple. I read that it is more likely to be hormonal but she is 7 months old surely all the hormones have gone by now!

I had another chat with my health visitor and she said she isn't worried but to make an appointment with the gp. The baby gp is off next week and I have an appointment for the 1st Feb but I just wondered if anyone else had noticed this before!

Last edited:
I work in a nursery and I noticed this in a little girl I looked after. I mentioned it to her parents who took her to their GP. I cannot remember what it was, but it was completely normal and nipple bud related.

Thank you for your quick response. I am sure it's nothing but it is a worry x bless her she's had it rough, poor baby x

I wonder if its something to do with those glands that give women bumpy nipples. Can't remember what they're called. I doubt it's anything to worry about but you're doing the right thing by getting it checked.

Luca had one on the back of his head and GP said it was a lymph node. As long as it moves, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Apparently if you touch them it causes them to get aggravated and they get bigger. They also randomly appear when teething apparently. Luca's comes and goes, can always feel it when his teeth are playing up. I'd just make your GP aware though, let them have a look, because I'm no doctor. Let us know how you get on xx

Thanks ladies. I will let you know as soon as I go to the gp. I'm sure she is teething at the moment, she is drooling a lot and can get a bit cranky x no teeth yet bless her x

Same with Luca Hun, no teeth as of yet but bright red cheeks and loads of dribbles xx

It's horrible isn't it? x you just wish you could suffer for them x

Oh my God after months of trying to get an explanation as to what this is I finally have a diagnosis. Apparently my 8 month old baby has breast buds!!!!!!! I have to raise it next time she sees the paediatrician but it's slightly concerning. The doctor said it was nothing to worry about unless she develops other signs of puberty but I do worry about how having a slightly swollen breast will affect her growing up. I know I am probably over thinking it. Poor baby xx

Wow Charliebump3. That's something I've never heard of before. I'm sure all will be absolutely fine. Glad you finally got a diagnosis xx

I've never heard of it too and talking to some of the mums at school neither have they! I see the consultant in a few weeks so I can hopefully get more information there! X

The little girl I mentioned previously is now 9 and she is developing normally so hopefully it's not something you have to worry about.

I and my cousin both had a condition which caused us to reach puberty prematurely, health wise I'm quite sure it's nothing to worry about in terms of it being dangerous or anything. The only impact it ever had was being more self concsious at primary school as I was the only one with pubic hair, I was the only one who'd started periods etc... same for my cousin.
At least if you know you're prepared and I'm sure your daughter won't be affected negatively :) xo

Thank you for you all your replies.

Northern girl thank you so much. I am really worried about how it will affect her growing and her being self conscious. At the minute it is very obvious as one side is noticeably swollen than the other! I do wonder if eventually the swelling will go down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back