Anyone else got a lump under their armpit?!

SamStevens

Reaction score
Random I know, but I just noticed a small itchy lump under my left armpit. Its tender when I poke it (but then most things do!).
Just wondered if anyone else had experienced the same?

I had a couple of lumps appear under my armpits when I first found out I was pregnant. They were itchy and ended up being sore to touch or when I slept on my side. They disappeared after a few days and the doc said they were nothing to worry about.

If you are worried, get them checked out.

I've never had one pregnancy related but I have had them and it's been off shaving one of the hairs can get infected xxxx

I had one.

It came up at the end of the 2nd tri for me, was worried sick and my doctor was really unreassuring.

In the end I went to see a private doctor and it was a lymph node, well 2 swollen together. They said leave it alone and it should go, if was still there after baby to go back.

I then had one swell up under my tongue - I didn't know it was a lymph node til after I had the baby and went to the hospital (i'd seen my dentist at first and he had no clue what it was!). This one came up not long after the armpit lump.

I guessed that it was hormones playing up.

After having Oscar they didn't go down for aaaaaaaages. I then had one come up in my chin and one in my groin recently.

I read somewhere that if you leave them alone for six weeks they go down... well them have all gone down now (my LO is now 8 months and the first lump came up over a year ago!) Anyways, the only one I still have is under my tongue, I can't leave that alone coz I like to eat lol

Sorry for the blah, but basically I think some of us are susceptible to lymph nodes swelling during pregnancy due to hormones, Think mine still went mental after the birth because i was breastfeeding!

xxxxx

I've got one too. Its quite hard I had a little panic and thought I was gonna die but my doc just laughed and told me to stop being such a wimp!!! lol

Without meaning to totally scare the heck outta you - could this be a lump in breast tissue?

If so you absolutely need to get it checked. It's prob just a pregnancy thing, but you never know.

Please get it checked, just in case.

Xxx

I had one which was quite sore to touch, the doc told me it was an infection, probably from shaving and gave me pregnancy safe anti biotics. 9 times out of ten it is nothing but ANY lump under the armpit or around the boobs should be checked out by your doc xx

I get them quite a bit from shaving, if I don't use shaving foam or not enough I get them and there really sore! Havebt had anything since being pregnant tho! Hope it goes soon! X

i can get them from using spray deodorant, and im not sensitive at all really, so i have to use roll on xxx

Dont want to scare you but any lump has to be checked. Just to be on the safe side. I hope it's nth :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back