Lucky cancellation for booking in appointment :D

deedee84

Reaction score
Sorry for the near on pointless thread, i'm just a tad excited i think things are finally beginning to sink in now! Midwife called this morning, she had a cancellation so asked if i could get down to the doctors in ten minutes for my booking in appointment, i jumped at the chance and off i went! got all my notes done, bloods done eeek wasnt too bad i actually watched hee hee! and got a number to ring on friday to book in for my 12 week scan so really excited for friday to see when i get to have my 1st scan :D its all beginning to take shape now, things are happening appointments etc i'm such a giddy kipper right now! xx

Aw u lucky girl! Thats fab news, get the ball rolling! xx

Oooh, that so exciting! so pleased for you xx

definitely has, didnt expect to get an appointment for another couple of weeks was just happy to actually hear from the midwife but to get my appointment so early i was well chuffed :D xx

Thanks Lisey...just have to say love the name...my daughters called Elise and her name gets shortened to Lisey :D x

Yea you have done well, Im 9 weeks Thurs and still not seen a midwife! x

no way twinkles :( are you still waiting to hear about an appointment then? xx

Yep, went to docs a week ago today so nearly 8 weeks then and he said the midwife will be in touch, nothing in the last week so today I called the maternity department at the hosp as no idea who to call!We are off on hols in 2 weeks so was worrying a little as I will be 12 weeks once we get back! The nice lady said I need to have an appointment with midwife before we go and that the doc should of given me a form for midwife to fill in! No!!!! I should get an call over then next few days, only problem is I dont have any free gaps before going, plus there is the bank holiday so god knows when I can see her but I will! Believe me!!!!xx

oh no how poo, seems ur docs are slacking a bit, i only rung docs on friday to inform them of bfp and midwife rung me this morning! hope u manage to get in soon to see her! were going on holiday when i'm around the 12 week mark so i also mentioned it to her today and she said its fine :D which i'm happy about as its probably gunna be my last holiday abroad for a while now! good luck in gettin an appointment asap hun xx

Thanks hun, Im not very good at waiting! As its my first just seeing the mw before hols will be something! Still doesnt feel real! Ready for hols mind, had enough hols this year really but this one like u say may be the last for a while (althought in hoping to get a week in Jan ;) ha ha!) u off anywhere nice? We r off to Portugal, one thing I have noticed is that I tan so easily at the mo, roll on the tanning!!!xx

deffo more frustrating not seeing the midwife when its ur first i can remember with my first i wanted everything to happen yesterday haha! think were going to majorca, we havet actually booked anything yet as were saving for a late deal so were booking at the end of september i'm not bothered where we go tbh just out of this country will be nice lol! never been to portugal either u will have to let me know what its like as i have always fancied it :D xx

Your right hun any where but this place for a bit would perk us all up!!!

Anyway, thanks to u making me re-think waiting and waiting I decided to call midwife myself, spoke to a lovely lady who said I def need to see someone before hols and within an hour a midwife called me back and booked me in to see her Sunday!!!

She couldnt believe the doctor, she said 'did they get u to fill in a form'....'no'!!
'did they give u a bounty pack'......'no'!!!!
Crazy so good job I did call, I had to pop into docs to pick up bounty pack so I can get all info filled in before seeing her!

Yay!!!! Finally getting somewhere!!!!xx

Yay :D good good bet u feel so much better now dont u hee hee a sunday is a weird day aint it lol! i loved gettin my bounty pack today, all i have done is look thru it every hour or so having a quick gander, loving the voucher for a free pack of huggies new born nappies...dont ya jus love a good freebie :D xx

yay, i got the pack today too, gonna go get my freebies soon and go to sainsburys for the other one when i can too

same :D was a bit confused re the emma's diary free pack as it says to look on the website for your local lloyds pharmacy or argos that do the packs but i cant find anything that gives u that info on the site, either that or i am just been plain thick lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back