Low sperm count

dervla79

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I am looking for some advice... We have been ttc for 6months and have recently discovered my oh has a low sperm count. Does this mean that we will not be able to have children naturally? I am absolutely deva stated and don't know what to do :(

Have a proper chat to your doctor/consultant would be my advice, as only they would know all the details and what would be best in your case.

But don't give up hope at all- 6 months of trying isn't that long

:)

P.S. OH and I were trying to conceive years ago, but thought we couldn't and gave up. We really thought his swimmers were non-existent (he's had a kidney transplant and we thought it might have effected it.) But now 4 years on I had a pregnancy which sadly ended last month but at least we know everything is working again :cheer: So what I mean to say is even if your OH has a low sperm count, that doesn't always mean it'll stay that way forever :)

sorry to hear this, it is upsetting when find something wrong. bet you OH is gutted. low sperm count just means that its going to get harger to concieve it still can happen as it only takes one. in the meantime reassure your OH that everythings gonna be fine he will need it bless him. :hug:

Hi

My husband also was told he had a low sperm count. However you cant just go by the results of one test. They need a least 2 or 3 to get a better picture. The 1st one we had done showed a count of 1.3 million and we were both devasted. The dr said to wait 3 months before doing another. But we had another test done privately 3 weeks later, the count went up to 44 million! This has give us some hope and we are now waiting for the results of the 3rd test. I read that a mans sperm count can vary all the time, one day there can be practically nothing and the next day loads.

I'm waffling now......but what i'm trying to say is try not to let that one test result get to you too much. There can be lots of factors that affect the result and i'm sure that your doctor will want him to do another one before deciding on anything

Also as long as there is some sperm, then you can conceive. It may be more difficult or you may need help but there is still some sperm.

Good luck. If you ever want to talk just PM me.

Michelle x

shellbham said:
I read that a mans sperm count can vary all the time, one day there can be practically nothing and the next day loads.

That is true, they did an experiment on telly once and if a man with a normal sperm count has a huge amount of self-love for a few days, even that can make their results appear as if they are infertile :lol:

Not saying anyone's hubby here has done that :)

Could also be worth getting your hubby on some suppliments as well (zinc and something else) that way you'll know the swimmers that he does have will be strong and more capable. :)

Good luck with everything though.

Thank you all so much for your replies. I am starting to feel slightly more positive after hearing all of your comments. I will definately make my oh take zinc aswell just incase it helps. We are off to the docs this week so hopefully they will shed more light on the matter and tell us what our options are...My oh is absolutely devastated and feels inadequate but I guess it's just one of those things. He can't help it. If it's meant to be, it will be...Thank you all so much. I will keep you updated :moon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back