Low Kicks

topbird

Reaction score
HI everyone,

when I went to the midwife last week baby was head down bum in the air,, legs and arms to the right and she was delighted!

However the past day or two, I have had pains in my groin again and feel like I am getting really low kicks in my pelvis again, they are quite sharp and painful.

I also suddenly have loads more discharge than usual (sorry TMI...) like getting through 3-4 pant liners a day?

Do you think baby is engaging or has baby done a somersault and now breeched, and if so should I be worried yet?? :think:

it might be breach. your midwife will be able to tell next time you see her.
either that or its its hands punching - mine used to do thtat

I haven't got an appointment now till I am 36 weeks - on 3rd July... so if baby is breeched is this too late for it to turn/ be turned?

topbird said:
I haven't got an appointment now till I am 36 weeks - on 3rd July... so if baby is breeched is this too late for it to turn/ be turned?
no . i had a breach scare at 38 weeks and apparently its not too late even then.
if you are really worried contact your midwife and she should come out and see you to put your mind at rest. maybe phone her and see if you can go for a scan to set your mind at rest 100% :)

I get alot of movement down below, baby is head down. I have read its when the baby sucks it thumb and just moves its head.

I wouldnt worry, hunnny, it is still early days and baby still has plenty of room to turn around, this has happened to me a couple of times, but now she is head down, and bouncing happily on her head - I dont think it is going to be long for me now...
Lisa

Being kicked in the public bone aint good, and the pressure from the baby when she was breech made me pee when i sneezed or coughed :rotfl:
But now shes turned its funny feeling her little arms poke me down there and feels like something id tugging at my naval at the mo!

Hi TB

I agree with the others in that there is still plenty of time for baby to move again if he/she has turned breech. Of course the movements you sense low down might just be his/her hand or head moving.

I never noticed it the two times my LO moved from head down to breech. I thought that was really strange coz it's quite a big movement.

:hug:

I thought this a couple of times, MW told me LO wasnt breech. When I thought about it though, if they have their hands near their head then it could be punches/hand movements that we feel down there not kicks.

Hi

Try not to worry hun you got lots of time, i still get movements far down and im nearly due!
Katrina

yes suppose that is right... I think it is head and hand movements I am getting! Feels too big to be a kick sometimes. Man it hurts though!

Am off work today... suddenly felt really overwhelmed yesterday, walked into my director's office to ask him something and burst into tears. Think I underestimated just how much pain baby has been causing me this week and how tired I am! I ended up getting sent home.

topbird said:
yes suppose that is right... I think it is head and hand movements I am getting! Feels too big to be a kick sometimes. Man it hurts though!

Am off work today... suddenly felt really overwhelmed yesterday, walked into my director's office to ask him something and burst into tears. Think I underestimated just how much pain baby has been causing me this week and how tired I am! I ended up getting sent home.

Aww big hugs TB :hug: How are you feeling now? Thankfully you are at home hey? So you have a long weekend to rest (and make sure you do!).

When is your next check up?

Hey tb,

Sorry to hear about you getting sent home from work - I hope you are feeling okay today. I cried in Tesco carpark today for no apparent reason (well apart from not being able to park because I'm a girl) so you are definitely not alone.

I am in a lot of pain this week too - particularly in the evenings. I now have to sleep with two cushions between my legs as I can hardly move with the weight of the baby - with that and the constant Gaviscon swigging and snoring, I'm surprised to see my OH still there every morning!

Any chance of you finishing up work any earlier? I know you only have 2 weeks to go, but I just want you to be off, things will seem so much better once work is over with.

Love

Valentine xxx

My LO is consistantly in a head down position and i still get some 'kicks' in my 'very sensitive area'

sorry to hear you had a bad day. when you begining mat leave? :hug:

I get that too (baby is head down) I think it's his head moving/turning or little hands/elbows jiggling around in there...if you looked at my 30 week and then 32 week bump piccies you'd most certianlly see that I've dropped so it's got to be head/hands etc down low now. Hope your feeling better (have another ice pole!) and look forward to finishing up work - I think your so good for still being in work I think it would just about kill me just now.

Valentine....big hugs to you too (for the tears in Tesco thing) I started about 8.30am today because a photo didn't look right....what that was all about I don't know. I've just been feeling crappy all day though, sleeping is a nightmare, waking constantly, uncomfortable etc - getting a bit much now I think! xx

I agree nicola, I think that the head can bang about and cause discomfort, and even little arms going and punching can feel like kicks.

Thanks everyone! :hug: Glad I am not the only emotional wreck out there.... :D

I am feeling better after a really good sleep.... and baby seems to have turned a bit so is a bit less painful now.

s*ds law though, we have been waiting for a new flooring to be put down in our dining room and hall for about 6 weeks. The guys is someone who used to work for DH and is doing it as a favour around other jobs... he only turned up Thursday afternoon and has been here pretty much since! so I have been camped at my sister's house due to the noise and stink of glue! Glad it is finally getting done though, so cannot complain.

I rang my director on Friday and had a good chat, I am going to do one day on one day off (so 3 days a week basically) for my final 2 weeks, which seems a good compromise. I really did not want to change my last day date for some reason, as no one is taking over my job when I am off all of my contacts etc... all have that date and I don't want to miss saying goodbye to any of them!

Thanks for caring... it means a lot to me! :hug:

I'm really glad you have managed to get reduced days in the office for the last couple of weeks TB. I'm sure working from home will be better for you now you are getting into the last month. I understand about how you feel re: your clients. I still check my work email daily as I get the odd personal message from people who have forgotten I've left. I'm careful not to do any real "work" though as I'm really "on holiday" :D

I hate disruption and when things are going on in the house. When the kitchen and utility room was done a few months ago it was only my OH and Dad doing it but it still drove me crazy :wall: I'm a bit of a clean freak and the mess was a nightmare. Has your flooring been finished now? I hope you can get back home soon. :hug:

Hi

yes the floor was finally finished on Saturday evening... it looks brilliant but had no idea it would take 3 days... because it was the hall too you cannot get anywhere else in the house without having to step over him!
Had dinner at our dining room table for the first time in about 4 months on Saturday night which was lovely as we have been having work done in there since November! Just got to get the fireplace fitted now and hopefully we are just about finished!! :dance:

Feeling a bit better this week though still so tired. I am actually taking Tuesday and Thursday as holiday, rather than working from home so looking forward to a lie in and relaxing day tomorrow! :D

Enjoy your lay in tomorrow TB. I am a lay-a-bed these days and rarely get up before 10.30 when I have the house to myself :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back