• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

low bp good or bad?

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
My bp the other day was 100/56 now i have no idea about blood pressure and what it means but everyone i've told has gone 'wow that's low' is it really low low or is it just not quite normal?
I'm guessing it's nothing to worry about, i just am careful when getting up and moving and standing for a long time.

The average BP for an adult is 120/80 so it is on the low side. These links might help xx

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/heartand ... 03243.html

http://www.babycenter.com/0_dizziness-a ... ncy_228.bc

I've had a few blood pressure episodes too, I had a dizzy spell in the shower and the MW said it was prob because it was too hot. Avoid haveing really hot baths too if you have them.
I also get them if I go up and down the stairs a lot.
I find it helps if I lie on the bed on my left side for a few minute if I have a dizzy spell. If you are unable to lie down, sit down and have a drink of water.

jendav81 said:
I find it helps if I lie on the bed on my left side for a few minute if I have a dizzy spell.

When PG, lying on your left side is when your circulation is at its best. Its recommended to do so when sleeping as it helps with circulation etc and blood flow to placenta and baby etc.

Makes sense you'd feel better if faint to do so also then :)

I try to start off sleeping that way but always wake up on my right grr!!!! :roll:

It is normal for your BP to drop in pg due to you having a greater blood circulating volume. Though 100/56 is a liitle low, it certainly isnt abnormal. As long as you are feeling ok then there is nothing to worry about :D

Mines always been around 100 systolic, pregnant or not. Last M/W appointment it was 90/60 and she said that was perfect, and when I was 6 weeks gone and in hospital it went down to 85/50 and they weren't concerned. It's fine :)

Oh yay, that's good :)
I think it's normally a little low anyway.
It was just the reactio i got when i told my mum and mil, they were both suprised at how low it was which made me worry!
I feel fine so it's all good :)

Mine was 110/56 on monday and the midwife was really pleased. I'm usually 120/70 so it's lower than usual but I wouldn't worry if they don't.

hope u dont mind me buttin in, but i suffer from low bp and when i was preg with my daughter i was forever collapsing, to the point where i had to sign off work in my 5 month.
Always have breakfast in the mornin
Rest when u need to
Eat between meals to keep the energy lvls up.
Sit instead of lying down, its easier for the blood to travel.
When goin from sittin to standin, drop your legs to the floor then wait a few minutes to stand, prevents u from goin dizzy and fainting.

my bp today was 100/60
the midwife did not seem concerned and she said everything was fine
so im not to concerned either.
im sure that its normal sometimes for bp to be lower.

That's pretty much what my blood pressure is too - yesterday I was 102/58 which is normal for me as at 8 weeks I was 94/56. Some people just have lower blood pressure than others so don't worry - if it was a problem your midwife would have said. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back