Louies birth story (finally!!!)now added a picture!!!

foxymum

Reaction score
sorry its taken so long, but well here goes.
was due on fri 15 sept, on the wed had a slight show at lunchtime & a few niggly pains, but nothing much, next morning had a sweep with the midwife, then had a massive bloody show (tmi) when i got home.had pains on & off all day , then they stopped.

woke up fri am & had yet another massive show, this one was so big it made me scream out to hubby!!! again all day had twinges, so me & my sis walked around the block to start things off, then i sat on my exercise ball, doubled as a birthing ball!!!

baby hadn't been moving much, so a friend advised me to ring the maternity unit at the hosp & see what they said, this was 5pm.
they said come down, so me my sis & my 2 children (still in their school clothes!!!) went down there at 5.30 pm.
i was put on the monitor thinking they would just be checking babies heartbeat, but it turned out i was getting quite strong contractions & after an examination was 4 cm dilated already!!!!

i was scared then & panicked & said 'i want to go home!!' i was told i couldnt as my waters were bulging & could go at any time. so sis had to ring DH with a list of where all my stuff was to bring down.
he arrived at 8 ish shortly followed by my mum who was just going to pop down & see me & then go.
sis took kids home & i was then examined again & was 6 cm!!! pains were getting a bit worse, but not much!! i was offered an epidural or a water birth, but i said i could cope, as long as it didnt get any worse :rotfl:

stood on my feet the whole time with a moblie gas & air cylinder, DH pushing it up & down the corridor!! with me stopping for each contraction & just leaning up against the wall.
then i knew my waters were gonna go & got on the bed, next thing they've gone & they were green & black due to meconuim :shock:

midwife rings for another & my mum then bursts into tears & i was crying too,the pressure down there was the most intense feeling i have ever had, much worse than my other 2 births, anyway after about 10 mins or so of frantic puching, i had to get this distressed baby out & finally at 11.52 pm just about made it on his due date!!our beautiful son Louie was born :D weighing 8 lb 5 oz.
my mum & DH were crying (DH says he wasnt!!) no stitches, but he had to be kept in for 2 days due to the meconuim & he swallowed a lot of fliud, but is now fine & already weighs 9 lb!!!!

sorry for the long post :oops: :oops:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ ... ure221.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f120/ ... ure206.jpg

Congrats, what a story. You did so well. No stitches, well done you.

All a bit quick and surprising eh? You coped admirably, well done xxx :D

That's a lovely birth story...congratulations!

xxx

aww hes beautiful! you look great aswell you wouldnt know you'd just given birth! well done..welcome little louie :hug: xx

:cheer: congratulations :hug:
your lil man is so gorgeous!!

Congrats hun, sounds like you did alright then! Sort of a walk in the park?? Seriously well done, fortunately it doesn't sound like a long and tedious birth then. Glad both you and baba are doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back