Lost at 8 weeks.

StephyLou

Reaction score
Hi All,

We've had it confirmed this morning that we lost the baby sometime around Wednesday/Thursday last week based on bleeding, would be 9 weeks tomorrow. Had to have an internal scan and they couldn't find anything in my womb so I've already passed the majority of everything. Having some cramps and lower pain and bleeding is pretty heavy. My HCG levels have dropped to 672 which means I should be clear in a week.

Todays a strange feeling as we now have it confirmed but we knew from last week so were prepared for the news today (not the internal exam though which was painful), I can't describe how I feel as it transcends sadness, its this mixture of feeling a loss for something that you never really had and guilt.. I had a bit of a nasty fall a couple of weeks ago where I fell on my front and knees, was okay physically but body went into shock for a few minutes, now I can't stop thinking if I hadn't worn the boots that had lost their grip on the soles everything would be fine.

I wanted to ask what everybody did in the few weeks after? I've actually always wanted a September baby which means conceiving in November/December but I'm worried that I'm trying to replace the empty feeling rather than coping.

Im really sorry for your loss. Whats important is you don't blame yourself and think of the what ifs. MC is a truely horrible experience and its not worth you questioning yourself. Its one of lifes most horrible experiences. You will feel a while range of emotions. Try to spend time with your oh and treat yourself by doing things you enjoy. It is cliche but it does get easier. Only you can decide when is right for you to ttc again and I wouldnt say you were trying to replace your bean just wanting a baby. Good luck! Xx

Im so sorry for your loss! Take time to greive and once youcfeel ready try again xx

I am so sorry stephylou to read that you lost a pregnancy. I too have lost a pregnancy at 7 weeks 5 days, Almost 8 weeks. I experienced a missed miscarriage, i am the same as yourself, don't know what to do next can't iimagine going back to life 'not pregnant' when only recently I was very pregnant going through all the notions of pregnancy symptoms and emotions.

But just wanted to say suppose it helps that so many women go through the same and feel the same emotions so that reassures me when I feel like a freak for just wanting so badly to be pregnant again! It's normal, but what you can't do is rush. Take your time. I want a June baby, because when I was pregnant that was going to be my baby's month of birth. So now I am really cross that my baby probably isn't going to be born in June unless I specifically time conception for a June baby. But then my mum told me... A baby is a baby and whatever day it is born into this world will be the most special day ever given! It really doesn't matter, what matters is one day we will get that baby in our arms, that we deserve! perfection.

Wish you all the best with your recovery, xxxxxxx

So sorry for your loss hun...i suffered a missed miscarriage beg september and even now im up an down depends wat the day throws at me

We are trying again but nothing will replace baby we lost but it is wats keeping me goin the fact we are trying

Take each day as it comes cry if u nd to..shout if u nd too just get it all outdony keep it in xx

Thank you, its so reassuring to hear other women speak about this, it seems the majority of women at some point have a miscarriage but it almost a taboo subject. Turns out my mum had three (I knew about one) and my cousins have had one each of those who now have children and they've only told me now that I've had one.

I ordered some ovulation strips and pre-preggo vitamins off amazon, we're going to take a couple of months as a break but buying them has made me feel like I have a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back