Losing some plug..?

bumpmakes3

Reaction score
My first post in tri 3 and it's a tmi one...how typical :D

The thing is, from about 15 weeks I've been losing some jelly-like blobs. They're not very wet, just sticky like snot (sorry, no other way to describe) and they have been fairly sizeable lumps (think a thick 10p) and all the same kind of colour - whitey/yellowish and pretty stretchy. I've just assumed these were strange bits of cm but I've just had one now that was mahoooosive compared to the others (about twice the size) and had a bit of browny/red tinged in some of it, kind of like a little blood clot?

Now, if you're still reading and haven't :puke: yet then can someone pleeeeeease tell me this is just normal because combined with the kicks I'm getting on my cervix, I'll be having nightmares about the beast sneaking out early :shock:

Yup it definately sounds like your plug, but don't stress about bubs coming early as some people lose bits for weeks before they go into labour :D Just mention it to your MW/Dr. at your next appointment so they are aware of it. Oh also don't worry about TMI posts, that's what this forum is all about :rotfl:

I think you should ring your MW for advise hun, better to get these things checked xxxx

Thanks laydeeeeeees. I'll stop panicking and let the midwife know when she's in on Thursday :D

I've been getting snot like stretchy stuff all the way through, but if it's tinged with brown or pink it could be the plug. I'd definately mention it to the midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back