Cant be mucus plug yet?

Flame

Reaction score
When i went to the loo this morning for a weeeeeee i wiped and noticed a very light greenish stuff on the tissue, a bit like runny snot or an egg whitey consistancy.

Would this be part of my plug coming away? or a sign of infection?

Hi Flame

Don't know for sure but could it just be 'normal' pregnancy mucous/discharge. I get lots and sometimes it's drier, sometimes it's more like egg white...I think it depends on the time of day with me. Does it smell? Could be an infection if it's a bit smelly... When's your next mw appt/wee check?

It doesnt smell and i have also had loads of discharge while i have been pregnant, seems to have calmed a little over the last few weeks. This is thicker and not white though so i dont know what to think. Also with my mum having a history of prem babies (her earliest being 32 weeks) i still wonder whether mine will be early.

So, not likely to be infection then....maybe you'll see other signs in the next couple of days and the baby will indeed be early. (Is having a prem baby hereditary?) Or maybe it's just your discharge coming back with a vengance.

Either way I don't suppose it's anything to worry about :rotfl: you know what I mean - if you're gonna go into to labour early, you are. There's not much you can do about it if baby's cooked and ready to go! What I'm trying to say is it's positive if it's not an infection! Keep us posted whichever way.

Pea xxx

Thanks peanut :D

As long as he gives it at least a couple more weeks i wont worry to much.
I have heard it can be hereditary to have premature births but not 100% how true it is.

I know this isn't something to wish for, but sometimes I wish piglet would be early - I keep thinking easier labour with smaller baby, less time being pg when it's warmer, I'm impatient to be her mummy etc etc. Naughty of me I know - she's better off staying in until at least 37 weeks :oops: . No-one in our family has a history of being early, so I guess it's unlikely?...

Anyway, Happy Easter Flame, don't worry too much, I'm sure you're fine xxxx

I am exactly the same and think the same things, then something happens and you think ah poo its to early yet!

Poor things cant win! lol :lol:

I think that the green mucous is a sign of infection and due to my past experience, I strongly advise you to go to your GP as soon as possible and get it cheked it out. If at all possible, try and collect some of the mucous on a non absorbable surface, and take it to the GP and insist that he sends away a swab, and also ask for a high vaginal swab too. Ask him if it is possible to commence a course of broad spectrum antibiotics that are safe while pregnant to cover you while you are waiting for the results. Don`t be fobbed off like I was !!

Don`t want to scare you, remember I was a lot earlier on in my pegnancy whe this happned, and the risks to you are totally different, but hindsight is a wonderful thing, and if I could tun the clock back, this is exactly what i would have done in my 1st pregnancy.

Take Care XX :hug:

Jane XX

I know this isn't what you want to hear flame and i hope it isn't the case for you but thats exactly how i was when was having Aimee. It started at 32 weeks and she still had to get induced at 11 days over.

Worth getting it checked out Flame even if it turns out to be normal at least you will know.

I was 13 days late and have wondered if that is heridatory and found nothing that suggests it is but don't know.MAybe ask your m/w out your mind at rest.

I've had the same green stuff that you're describing, I get it every few days. Been like that since about 20 weeks.

I remember being worried once that it was part of my plug coming away and I think I even posted asking about it but it turned out just to be normal discharge.

Saying that though I did have loads of it yesterday :oops: and I got a bit worried but it stopped. I definitely dont think its a sign that this baby is coming anytime soon :lol:

Hi

I think its just nromal discharge but of sourse im not a doctor so get it checked if your concerned.
I dont think premie babies are hereditary all of us 4 kids were premmies and one didntmake it and my doctor wasnt worried with either pregnancy of mine.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back