Losing Faith!!

carlyr874

Reaction score
Just had a growth scan followed by an appointment with a consultant, the scan was because I had quite a lot of bleeding earlier in the pregnancy so having 1 scan today, 1 at 32 weeks and then again at 36 weeks. Sonographer was lovely and said baby is absolutely as it should be, measuring fine and is not a 'whopper'. Then went upstairs in hospital to see consultant, first went in with MW (not my MW though) she did all checks on BP and stuff then went to get the doc.

I could see the doc I saw last time on the corridor but a different doc came in and started going through the notes of my last labour etc and asking me questions all about the birth I want this time around etc- the thing is I went through all this 6 weeks ago with the 1st doc, the appointment today was to go through the results of the growth scan. I did tell him I had a scan this morning but he still carried on and then when he had finished I said what about my next scan then at 32 weeks? and he was like 'what scan' so i had to explain again that i had had a scan this morning and was having growth scans at 32 and 36 weeks too - he just wasn't listening to me at all! then he had a look at the scan report and told me it is going to be a big baby! WTF?! so told 2 diff things in one morning, I think am just gonna have to wait for next apt and hopefully get to see my MW and the other consultant for some straight answers - but how are you supposed to have any faith in the medical profession when you get told different things by them all?! You read about so many people on here and in mags and stuff being told the wrong thing, or different things - what are we supposed to believe?! SO have come away feeling a bit cross and not really knowing anything more than I did when I got up this morning! grrrrrrrrrrr - sorry for long rant, just needed to get it off my chest!

Hiya hun,

I know exactly how you feel, i lost faith in hospitals this time last year when i was poorly! You hardly ever get to see the actual consultant these days and end up with different registras. Some havent even read your notes! I spent so many appointments telling them what was wrong cos they kepy getting it wrong. Its like banging your head up against a brick wall! :wall:

My only advice to you is keep asking questions if you dont understand and dont go until you get the answers you want. Ive turned into the patient from hell as im not letting them mess my health up again.

oops, gone on a little rant myself there! :oops:

Claire x

My consultant is a pig!!!!!
I only see one because i suffer long term with water infections so nothing major.
He seems to think that because he is a man he is better than anybody and is gods gift to women. If a midwife is talking to me, he'll just cut her off to ask me a question or tell me something. He puts midwives down in front of me and if i tell him i have a certain problem (thought thats what he's there for) he just says "well you are pregnant of cause you'll get aches and pains"
(This problem that he rufused to even listen to me about turned out to be a broken rib caused by babies positioning)
I've gone off on my own little rant now but i understand the feeling of not being listened to or when they just disregard anything you say.

Whats your GP like? fortunately mines fantastic and sorts out the problems that my consultant causes. I refused to see him again at one point but my GP has just advised me to get through the next few weeks then forget about him forever. Could you speak to you GP about the problems your having? or even your midwife? Hopefully there is a proffessional out there who can support you. But these consultants aren't always the "gods Gifts" they like to believe.

Good luck i hope someone sorts your scans out for you
(sorry about my angry pig consultant rant) xxx

LOL - rant away Keelie_b!! Thanks for replies, I will contact my midwife she always puts my mind at rest, she was my midwife with Holly and she was actually my Mum's midwife and delivered me!! I just felt like it was a complete waste of my time yesterday morning and I came away not knowing anything of use! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back