Lose weight first?

lilangel

Reaction score
I am ttc but I really need to lose some weight. Is it advisable to lose weight before ttc and does this make ttc any easier?

I would say depends how overweight you are. It certainly won't hurt you to start healthy eating now. You can't diet once you are pg and incresed weight increases the risk of complications when pg. You can diet while trying to concieve.

i dieted whilst trying to concieve and i got so into dieting that ttc came second but not putting pressure on ttc must have worked lol. it might be good to have sumthing else to concentrate on as well as ttc. this way if there is a dissappointment you can say yes but this month i am ?lbs lighter. i just stuck to a healthy eating plan and cut out all junk foods this way you can carry it on through pregnancy and it benefits both ttc and PG. it took me 6 months to conceive and i dieted for 3 of them. i managed to lose a stone and half which i am thankful for now!!! this way you can afford to indulge yourself when pregnant lol. hope i helped hun. xxxxxxx

I joined my local Slimming World last week. I also need to lose weight (about 3 stones :shock: ). I don't think it will do any harm. I thinkj being overweight will have a more detrimental effect than slimming so go for it hun. Also at Slimming World you can continue going when you are pregnant as long as your doctor fills out a form to say it's okay. They just change the plan slightly to suit a pregnant body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back