LOs in cots

Hunnie

Reaction score
When did you put them in their own room? From the beginning of being in their cot or till they were a bit older.

Sophie's still in her crib at the minute and I'll soon have finished decorating her room. Just wondering what to do about the cot issue though? I love having her in her crib next to the bed but OH thinks she should be going in her cot in her own room soon xx

S is still in with us. currently 8 months. We tried her in her own room but it's like she knew we weren't there.

From about...5 months as he git too big for the crib and no way was I dragging a big fat cot in my room lol. I started off playing for about half an hour a day for a week to get familiar with the room, then just going in there for naps for a few days, maybe a week then one night just tried it, he actually sleeps better in there as he has white noise etc.and we don't wake him up stirring, he still wakes at 2 for a feed though x

We haven't moved her yet, but I think we will have to soon... She isn't going to fit in her bassinette much longer and her cot won't fit in our room. I'm hoping she will stay in our room until she is 3 months old.

Im aiming for her being in our room till the recommended 6 months - but realistically i dont think the cot will fit - so she'll probably have to move when she out grows her crib - but thats the reason we got a crib instead of a moses basket so she could stay in it longer. xxx

About 2 and a half months! I have been sleeping on the floor up until this week in the nursery :blush: Lol. He's just to big for the crib. x

E was 5 weeks old when we moved her in to her cot. She slept straight away in it and has been fine so far.

We were keeping each other awake, daddy snoring waking E and her every movement had me jumping up.

We had used her cot from day one for popping her in for a few mins after a bum change in the night if I needed the toilet or to get her bottle ready so it was never a alien environment for her.

What made us do it when we did as she was starting to get a bit big for her Moses basket and also she was really sick one morning and I had to strip the basket and wash it all so put her for her nap in her cot and she spread her arms out and slept really well, much better than in her basket, and looked so comfy we just knew it was the right time for us.

She is only across the landing, not even a step so is not far.

We moved D into his own room at 10 weeks as he was keeping us awake as he was a noisy sleeper, and we kept waking him up when hubby's alarm went off. He has slept so much better in his cot and we get a good nights sleep as well. He likes to turn around in his sleep which is something he couldn't do in his crib which is why I think he made so much noise! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back